Wetting buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetting buds

Hi I've got a question I've been reading a few topics that some people spray there buds if you got a few bugs or for bud health or inharnce the quality I thought you got to keep your buds dry (not get them wet) due to bud rot so can you spray them or not but saying that when people grow outdoors it's got to rain sometimes so they must get wet
    thanks.

I have in the past used a spray on my buds for WPM and bud root, it worked out well. But the general thought is do not spray anything on your buds, and never leave then wet.
    I have buds, its raining, they're soaked! What you gonna do?

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I also know a person that sprays their buds with Coca Cola, he claims to do it for the extra CO2, but my thought is he is waiting it down with sugar (he was selling it), and it tasted like burning sugar, yuk.

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      All I can say about my outdoor grows is that I try to not spray anything on bud sites.
      I have used microbial insecticides for bugs, but I find that keeping rain off of the plants has the biggest impact on keeping buds viable.
      A simple hoop house is your friend.

Hi thanks for the info

Comment

I always wash outdoor buds right after harvest using a three bath process to remove any bugs, birdshit or other random gack. Once I saw the color of the water after they'd been washed I decided this wasn't an optional step.

The cleaned buds dry quickly and I haven't seen any loss of potency.

​​​​​​​The video linked below shows a step by step.

Growing outdoor or indoor, your buds get dirty. You should always wash them after harvest, and here is how I go about doing that.
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seen this done and it's better than all those oily sprays that are toxic to the trichomes. I would rather dip them into water buckets swish around slightly then shake and hang.

I use this process for outdoor grow also. I use peroxide in the second wash. Try this and you won't go back to not doing it after you see all the dirt & stuff that comes off in the water. Use cool tepid water. To warm and you may loose some terps, to cold and you may knock off some tricomes. Try not to hit the buds on the sides of the container.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

grouchyoldman I was just going to start a discussion on this. I will watch the video for my future outdoors harvest. Gets windy and dusty around here. If the cars look the way they do after a week or two I can’t imagine how much shit will come off the buds. Damn and I already harvested a couple without a bud wash. Auto flowers and they are fire.

Comment

It works https://youtu.be/S7jE7qzfgQs

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X