Pruning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pruning

Any advice on pruning this beauty? I have been tying back branches in an effort to train it to grow wider. However so many shoots sprout up at the joints then just keep multiplying. This seems like a good thing but I'm concerned so many shoots will block out light and encounter restricted growth from growing into each other. What's your take on this? Should I prune some or just keep tying them back

Take some off for clones? If you can see through to the bottom it's good. Remove what's blocking bud sites, tuck & fold, or train it out more with wire?
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Very healthy looking plant and good job training so far. I like to set my plants up on the potting table where I can turn it and get a good look at what's going on. I try and remove some of the larger fan leaves one by one until I get decent light penetration and I can adjust my tiedowns a bit. Like Puglover1 says, you can always take some clones from some of the new branches that are filling up interior growth. Looking good.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X