Watering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watering

HI all...may I have your opinion on watering my organic soil grow? For years, I've have an RO system with RO membrane, a sediment and carbon filter, then a re-mineralization filter. Now, I'm told forget the RO and the re-mineralization, just send it through the sediment and carbon? Thanks for your attention!...Steve

I think that as long as your tap water is decent you can run it through an inline charcoal filter on your water hose. I'm dealing with some real bad water at the house I just bought. So I installed an ro system but I'm going to mix in filtered tap water. The ppm is over 500 here is the only reason I'm doing it

At the old house I ran my water through a boogie brand filter on my hose for years with no problem
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

My N.AZ tap water is highly mineralized 7.9 pH with a Pur filter on faucet. Used GH Ph down to 5.5 to 6,0 for entire grow with no issue in coir. I figured remove as much chlorine/chloromine as possible and go for it. Worked for me.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Please don't use pH down in soil. My bad, thought you said coir. I just read some interesting takes on the subject. Just google tap water for cannabis. 420 magazine

It depends on how you are growing and what you are growing in, you're good using up/down in coco because you are constantly rinsing it out by allowing runoff, or in a soil grow that you are feeding regular salt nutes n chemicals. But if you are growing in living/super soil you will end up with a build-up of the up/down which will interfere with the production of available nutrients for your plants, it's best to allow the soil to decide the ph unless your water is way off, then I suggest using a natural or organic substitute for up/down like vitamin C vinegar baking soda etc
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Apologies to both of you as I misread and thought it was coco. I have read that some organic growers will use lemon juice or other organic methods to lower pH in soil to 6.5 as I understand that is optimum for soil. peacefulwar, welcome to GWE, as you see there are a lot of variables to a fun and profitable hobby. The tutorials and articles on the main site are your best asset for growing. If you don't find an answer to a question we like to help if we can. Good Growing!
        Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 06-23-2021, 04:33 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X