Bonus weed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Bonus weed!

Yesterday, I cut down four short but stupidly productive Purple Haze (ILGM) plants. They are cuttings from the PH mom I flowered out months ago (the one that actually turned purple). Mom was too big for the tent I was using so I cut her back and couldn't bear to waste the cuttings, so I rooted them and put them in the newest tent instead of the copious feminized seeds I planned for it. I used a local invention called Cannabenders to spread them out then tied those branches to bamboo stakes to keep them spread. Purple Haze has always been a good producer but this was nuts. There was practically no popcorn produced by any of these girls. The biggest buds are about fist-sized and the smallest about as big as ping pong balls. I didn't really get the color this time but I was able to let them go as long as they needed with fans turning yellow and dropping during this last week. The bud is frostier than any other of my PH grows yet. I've had to split the drying of all this bud between two tents since pics were taken to avoid mildew with so many colas hanging shoulder to shoulder. In short, my Christmas shopping for the year is likely complete now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0244.jpg Views:	0 Size:	801.3 KB ID:	521748
    A few days before chop. The stems couldn't hold this one up for the weight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0250.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	521746
    The third one I cut up just before the deed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0251.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	521747
    You should smell this. Did I mention this is just bonus weed and not part of the normal cycle?
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

That looks absolutely amazing. Reminds me a lot of my Wedding Cake clones I grew last year. Your gonna have some seriously sticky scissors soon.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      They got fairly gummy just taking the fans off! I'm sure I'll just use the bowl trimmer on this mess. Once I get all that trimmed, I seriously need to have a hash making party with all the bits I've been saving for months.
      I've got some Wedding Cake seeds waiting for their turn. I might just start one if some of these others I'm waiting for don't germinate soon.
      Also, it's a funny thing about clones - the staggered nodes help at harvest. All I had to do was take branches from the top down cut at the main stem and I had a little hook to hang them from.

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      I still haven't pulled the trigger on getting a bowl trimmer yet. Was gonna last year but then the plants all went off at different times making things a bit more manageable. Ended up being able to spread harvest over a few weeks. Sometimes trim is almost a meditative process but other times it's just grueling. My grandson has been whining he's never tried hash so I may give it a go this year.

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      I started a Wedding Cake seed on Sunday (Garden of Green) and I'm hoping for great things from it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0300.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	523654

Epilogue: Instead of screwing around with firecrackers, I spent part of my Fourth trimming bud in my parlor. It took ten jars to hold all of this Purple Haze from just four short plants!

Oh yes, the whole house smells like gas now.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Flipping awsome free weed clones man that's outstanding good for you. Your gonna have a munchie good time LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X