Downsized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downsized

Just wanted to give a quick update on my last grow for a little while. Not sure how long I'll be putting things on hold, but hopefully only a few months. I managed to get a decent amount from my last harvest and I'm hoping that will last me until I can get things going again. I was also able to save all 4 of my Grand Daddy Purples and currently have them flowering in my 2x2x4' tent with the Mars TS600. Conditions aren't ideal because I'm in an RV that gets pretty hot and I have a thrip problem right now that will be harder to manage. Also, the light isn't as powerful as it should be for the space during flower. It only has a 1.5x1.5' flowering footprint so it's just a little shy of what it should be. It was actually my seedling light and was perfect for that, but it will have to do for now. I've already spent way too much on lights in the last year and I can't even use them right now. Oh well, at least I know I have a good setup already and don't have to buy anything else for a long time!

Anyway, these are about 3 weeks into flower I think. First 2 pictures are when I first got them in the tent, in desperate need of a trim. Last 3 were after I trimmed them down. 2 are in soil and 2 are in coco. Coco plants are a little light green, time to feed soon. I'm not sure what the pH of my water is yet, but it's from a well now instead of city water. I really should check that soon. I plan on using a 50/50 ISO and water mix for the thrips as soon as I find my spray bottle. Never used that method but I need to get rid of them and I won't spray insecticides on my plants during flower so I'm going to give it a whirl.
    Attached Files

Good luck. Is this Breaking Bad Cannabis Edition?

I'd like to live in an RV but I'm not handy enough to fix everything that can go wrong. Be big enough for one human and three small pets. This is the perfect time to sell my 3-bedroom 2-bath house but I need somewhere to live while I look for a new 'home'.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Good to see you are holding up 👍🏻
      2024 colorado is not far away
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

For where they live i think they look great.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yes 2024 my friend, I should be in my own house by then so it will be no problem.

Breaking Bad Cannabis Edition, I like it! It's not what I was hoping for, but it's better than nothing. I'm looking at it like we're camping right now with a wide open yard and it's actually not too bad. I really can't wait to get back into a house though, not going to lie.

Thanks SoOrbudgal . They're not as good as they could be, but it was pretty much already expected so I'm actually not disappointed yet. Hoping the yield is good and the buds are at least decent quality but we'll see a little better in 2-3 weeks I guess.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            How big is that RV?

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not very big lol I think it's maybe 30 feet long

I would kill for plants that looked like that. It’s a testament to your skills. Here’s hoping for a great harvest!

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. Not much involved in this grow honestly, just light, water and nutrients when needed. Training was fairly minimal this time, I had other things I was focused on. Still though, didn't want to toss them out either because well, they're Grand Daddy Purple. I don't think I've had the pleasure of trying this strain yet either so I'm pretty excited about it. Your plants will get there too, just comes with a little practice. And then it will almost be like there's little to no effort making them look the way you want.

Hey dphipps1020 , I appreciate your manifold skills and you are much better than me if you look at my avatar. I really enjoy doing manifold and LST. Bend, damn you, bend, lol!
          I do not however envy your living situation, and where the heck did you find space inside? I had a 30 ft travel trailer with a 12 ft slide but don't know where I would have put a 3x3 tent, lol! I didn't pull it around, I had a year round camp membership at the Oregon coast just 50 miles west of my Salem home for my weekend retreat from work so I was there every weekend for over 3 years. Almost went full time at retirement but then I thought no, not enough space and I was sick of the climate both weather and political far left crap. Even lifelong Oregonian SoOrbudgal doesn't want to go to Portland anymore. It's bad!

Anyway, sorry about the political crap, I made the right decision for me. Too bad as I was born there and up until 2000 it was a great place to live. Good luck on your RV adventure and hope you can get a house soon!
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. Your manifold looks good already. Only difference is I bend out the side branches flat too and it gives me even more colas. Then you can kind of pick which ones you want to keep and which ones will just be in the way. I would say there's probably only 10-15 colas on each of these ones. If I had more space they would definitely be bigger, but I can't complain too much since I'm able to at least finish them out.

For those of you wondering about the space, here's a few pictures. Shows the living room where the tent is and part of the kitchen in one picture. TV fits pretty good too, it's a 55" smart TV and the tent fits perfectly right next to it. I'm going to take out the front seat and probably put the tent up there to add a little more room. I really wanted my 2x4' tent in here, but there's no way it would have fit comfortably in here with everything else. Don't mind the mess.
          Attached Files

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Little smaller tent than I thought from other pics but still I know well how valuable space is when you live in it. I assume you will be parked and not traveling at least till the plants are done.

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not going anywhere. It's parked on someone's property, they own it and were kind enough to let me stay here for a little while. They want to fix it up and turn it into an air bnb so people traveling can rent it and stay for however long. So in return for a place to stay I'm giving them a little cash monthly for electric and stuff, and going to help fix it a little bit too. But yeah it doesn't run so it's stuck where it is. Oh, yeah the tent is only 2x2 so it's not too bad.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X