First true leaves curling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First true leaves curling

I have two Amnesia Haze auto seedlings from Nirvana growing indoors in living soil. Both seedlings are on day 9 since they showed their first true leaves. Now, the first set of leaves on each of my girls are curling inward a little. I’m extremely paranoid about these because of how badly my last grow went and I want to catch problems ASAP. What do you think about this curling?

I’ll post photos in a second comment since I still can’t seem to do it right with my original post. Thanks in advance!

Full details:

2 x Amnesia Haze autos from Nirvana
    Indoors in a 4x4 tent
    Each in a 5 gallon fabric pot
    Seeds popped and first true leaves on June 9, today is day 9
    Soil: Fox Farm Coco Loco with Nature’s Living Soil (“Super Soil” method)
    Fed only water, a mix of spring and filtered drinking water that comes out at 6.7 ph
    Light: Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 600 (615 watts from wall)
    Temperature: Low 70s during lights off, low 80s with lights on
    Humidity: Low 50s with lights off, low to mid 40s with lights on
    Ventilation: 8” system with 710 CFM fan pulling through two separate large carbon filters (one tail end and one inline) through very long duct work, resulting in a nice breeze coming out in an adjacent room, and tent walls sucking in slightly
    Small Vornado air circulator inside tent, blowing 24/7 on low, pointed between pots and slightly down to not be directly on leaves
    Vornado oscillating tower fan blowjng softly across the full height of the plants for roughly 12 hours per day, staggered 6 on, 6 off, 6 on, 6 off
    Last edited by Rik; 06-17-2021, 08:50 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFC3FC01-235C-4848-A304-81AD8251B6B4.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	521056Click image for larger version

Name:	5371D004-4892-4FDE-B382-761519F6A81D.jpeg
Views:	229
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	521055

Comment

Usually a sign of not enough humidity or high temps. They don't seem to be stretching at all so it's possible the lights are a bit harsh for such young plants.

Comment

Looks like a tab bit of heat stress. Low 80s might be good for some breeds and not for others. I had grown Bubblelicious autos early last year. If the heat in the tent went above 75° the girls would pout and the leaves would curl.
        Try lowering your day time temp a few degrees.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I would also say heat.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

The experts have spoken. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I’ll move the lights up a few inches this morning, that oughta help.

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Rik I'm not an expert but it happen to me before and I had to adjust my grow lights and it works. For me it was trial and error lolll

when the leaves curl like that it's usually too much heat, humidity or light. adjust accordingly.

having said that if it's just one plant it could just be a result of an old seed. Happened to me a couple of times and it resolved on it's own without any changes
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X