Outdoor Grow 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Grow 2021

I wanted to free up some space in my upcoming grow indoors so I decided to move the Banana Kush outside. Popped a few autos and now we have a summer grow going outdoors.

The BK is from ILGM, she sprouted April 14th, been in a 5 gallon pot a few weeks now. Plan on moving her into a 10 gallon pot July 4th weekend. I’ve been training her to go under a screen so she’s low and wide with a ton of bud sites. Hopefully I don’t screw it up 😬

I also have 3 GSC autos from ILGM and a Fastberry from Fastbuds. I would have 4 GSC’s but I learned a valuable lesson. Until your plants are big enough to withstand being swatted by a German Shepard tail in passing, keep them elevated. He completely severed that plant in two 😭

A GSD tail whacker. I have a Siamese cat teeth chomper. I learned the safe zone for working on my plants the hard way. When you grow or finish these outdoors do you harvest & trim, do everything outdoors? I disliked bugs before I ever knew what cannabis was. Nice patio, by the way.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Until now I’ve strictly grow indoors so I’m hoping to have a harvest. Things may change but I plan on washing them after harvest to get anything I’ve sprayed for bugs off of them then allow to dry some in my shed before running through a bud spinner. In the fall it may be cool enough to do everything outside, we shall see then.

Usually I’d be in the basement, hurrying because I want to get done. This morning I took my time, did a little training while drinking coffee and smoking some gorilla glue. I like these outdoor grow vibes

I topped this plant above the 4th node, removed all growth at node one, topped all stems again at node 5 and I’ve been removing all downward growth. Keeping her low and flat. She’s been in a 5 gallon pot 3wks now. Going to give her a couple more in it the move her into a 10 gallon pot on July 3rd. I cut a 3ftx3ft screen to flower under, would look cool and I’m curious to see how that technique translates to outside but man it takes up a huge chunk of real estate right by the pool. Hopefully I’m not told to relocate it 🤞 I’m counting on the fact that the wife really likes to smoke 😂

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Me 2 smoked me some glue around 1020pm sitting outdoors cooled off from hot day of work.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool ashtray

Wow beastie, how low can you go, lol? When you tie 'em down you really do it! Will you release the ties when you trans to 10 gal? I love trying new things but right now it's all new to me, lol!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Thanks! I’ve actually always enjoyed plant training, this one even more so because she’s outside! Good thing too because it’s a daily routine every morning now.

Anytime I start training in a smaller pot then have to transplant I usually give the plant a day or two to recover before I pull it back down. I’ll probably top this one again if I put it under a screen, if so I’ll wait and do that after transplant as well. Right now I just want her to grow big. I’m keeping her low and wide just incase. Figure if I decide to just let her just grow, a few extra colas won’t hurt

Comment

Updated pic, LST and watering is a daily thing before the sun hits. It’s been hot and dry here the last week. Every morning she gets 2.5 gallons of water and the pot is bone dry by the next morning. Moving into a 10 gallon soon, hopefully that will put a end to the daily watering. Autos healthy but nothing to really show

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well you may just water ever other day hopefully i'm getting every 2 days with my 10 gal. plastic pots got about 12 holes drilled into them. I'm watering from the well with a hose right now i'm guessing i put in 2-3gal ea of water. I also saved cat litter big plastic containers for watering i think they are 3gal? Those are my tea/nute ferts. containers i use 1 of those for 2 10gal. plants.

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          Oh man lol!!! If I enjoy this I’m shutting down the tents next summer. These plants outside keep ya busy

Moved the Banana Kush into a 10 gallon pot. I’ve pinched off a few leaves in the last week that had WSM on them and so far it hasn’t came back. Went ahead and did some select thinning. Mostly the small stuff underneath that had the center so thick you couldn’t see to water anymore. Now she has good airflow and 24 even colas. The table she’s covering up is 32”x32”

Comment

She’s bounced back from the transplant and already grew a couple inches

Comment

Update on the autos. Notice I’m down to three, once again. And once again a plant fell victim to a dog. Only I’m not sure which one this time. All I know is I found the plant completely uprooted, laying on the patio beside the pot😢 so add my dogs to the mix for things to watch for growing outside 🤦🏻‍♂️

The GSC on the left I’ve been messing with a bit. It’s almost 3wks older than the other two. When it’s 6th node was about 1/2” tall I topped it, supercropped the plant over and I’ve been LST’ng it low since. It has 14 colas the same height and is starting to flower.

The Fastberry in the middle is in Miracle Grow Organic and I’ve been watering it straight from the hose. So far healthy and no deficiencies.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Dog urine can be an issue, I dont have any issues with the dogs, the chickens however like to steel my seeds. So I put up some chicken wire using fiberglass push in fence posts.

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              Chickens like your pot seeds lol

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              We have a boy an girl dog plus other neighbor dogs. My boy dog can't pee into the pots but sure hits the sides, now when i see my neighbors dogs they can piss higher man i get out there an shew them away. My cats have not even tried to eat any nor lift a tail to spray. Hope you can keep ahead of you dog fella tail whippers do alot of harm LOL

Banana Kush canopy 17” tall with 32” spread, supercropped 3 colas over to keep level

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              She's great looking gonna be a big load of bud

22” canopy, 36” spread. Starting to preflower. Inside I have full control of when a plant goes into flower but Mother Nature running things out here. I know they start to flower somewhere around the end of July, beginning of August but I’m not exactly sure when so this is exciting.

So far everything is healthy. One GSC and one Fastberry auto have already started to flower. The Banana Kush had wsm on a few leaves but I seem to have got it all cleared up.

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks perfect, big yield ahead.

The pic of 3 autos the Fastberry lived up to its name, started to flower on day 16 above dirt. The GSC in the center I topped and bent over once it had 6 nodes then kept it spread out and grew it in a circle around the pot. I liked the results so I tried it with the Fastberry but it started flowering so soon it didn’t have time to grow and develop many colas. It’s already purple though and still healthy. She’s in Miracle Grow Organic and has only received water straight from the water hose or the sky. No other nutes and I haven’t checked ph once. Update…felt compelled to do something to the GSC on the right. It’s now been topped twice, I’m leaving the two mains alone snd pulled everything else down and wide.

The pic of the two autos are another Fastberry and a Gorilla Glue auto. They’re both 14 days above dirt. I topped the GG yesterday, nothing has been done to the Fastberry

I built a pen next to the wood line and moved the Banana Kush there because my patio gets partial light from a street light. Not a issue with the autos but I don’t want this big girl to hermie on me. The 10 gallon pot slowed my watering down to every 3 days for 2wks but now she’s been consuming 2.5 gallons per day when it’s hot and dry. The last couple days it’s rained so Mother Nature gave me a few days off but the next week is supposed to be hot and dry again so yay lol The last time I measured her she was 22” tall with a 36” spread. I didn’t measure her today but she’s definitely bigger.
            Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-18-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              Oh man that’s awful. Best of luck, that foundation work is a pain in the ass and the $$ racks up quick! They actually make black rubber coated chain link fence. The post and all the connectors are black as well. It’s expensive though. What I like about the fencing I used is it’s not permanent. I can leave the fence zip tied to the post, pick it all up out of the ground, lay it down, roll it up and move it if I want. But yea unfortunately they don’t sell small rolls and it’s pricey if you only need a small amount.

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              bboyfromwayback I talked to insurance, had an alderman here this evening. Insurance won't pay for a structural engineer until the city says they thoroughly inspected the drainage around my house and ruled it out. (3 manholes/covers on my property, next to house on the east, runs under my deck and connects to the third which also has the street's 2nd catch basin connected to it, it all drains down 62 feet to the bottom of my ravine into a creek/storm water runoff, that might be plugged up again) They'd be lying if they said they did because the engineer they promised hasn't arrived, summer is half over. I haven't called any engineers for prices but I can't afford to fix the basement, maybe can't afford the engineer either. I'd have to expose the issue if I listed my house, or just live here until I die. I'd like to use the wire fencing on the east side with the existing wood fence posts or t-posts and use a 6' wide farm gate - horizontal bars, swings outward - for the mower. Wind can blow through metal better than thru wood or vinyl fence. I had looked at the black chain link, dang the prices! I did find some black metal fence panels on a website, people living by a lake, fencing was on a slope, the price was good, less labor for installation, but it's only 4.5' high - the deer. I still picture it and want it, should recheck the prices this time of year. It's been over 11 months since the storm and here I am, FUBAR: basement floor, fence gate, wire fencing, the fabric pergola cover sheared in two, needs disassembling for removal, no shade in this helluva summer. I have small stuff: loose siding & fascia, loosened up deck boards, deck railing pulled apart at angled joints, the lattice broken or loose ... my twined-together 10 yr old Arborvitae bushes aren't covered.

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, I probably need almost another 100' roll. I can't see how the contractor could stretch it straight after a tree limb bent the top part downward. That stuff is thick, heavy. Plus the wind pushed it all farther south, I need fill, the dirt was pushed down the ravine in the limb-fall area. I layered everything I had left here to keep the pugs from escaping the backyard from underneath. Had to lean 16" patio blocks against the wire to finally secure that area. I can't even put up my 9' umbrella on the deck bc the pergola bars on top are in the way. Might as well be winter still, the pets and I have ongoing cabin fever. So I decided to grow more indoor weed and got midget plants. I have 3 photo seeds that have popped but one looks funky, hoping it'll recover and upright itself. I dropped my Mag seed, time will tell. FedEx delivered a bag of Coast of Maine today, I had to drag it into the garage but can't carry it up into the house. Going to have to bribe the nephew to come over.

Early morning auto pics

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Buds are stacking up nice. Maybe next summer I'll do an auto outside, it would probably bring on a drought which would save me more lawncare money than the cost to water them. I have more Lemon seeds here, if they're all Lowryder2 dominant they'd have to grow taller outdoors.

Bought a 7 gallon watering jug. Making life a little easier. Now I can give her plain water 3 days in a row then the 4th day I’ll feed her. Thinking about ordering a bigger pot but afraid too close to flower although I’d just cut this one off to be as stress free as possible
            Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang good idea and reusable Heck she's so healthy i bet a quick in the shade transfer would not slow it down, if it were mine yes i sure would.

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              Kinda my thoughts too. I soak pot down daily and it’s bone dry the next morning. Hasn’t even started to stretch yet. Thought about putting her in the ground too but I like being able to move her around

This is my first real attempt at growing weed outdoors. I’ve started a few plants over the years but I didn’t show them proper care and they died off or bugs took them over. Growing inside spoils you as to how freaking easy it is. Keeping your shit clean combined with basic plant care usually equals success.

I’ve put some real effort into these girls this year, working from home has definitely allowed this. If I was going to the office everyday this wouldn’t be happening. Between these plants and our vegetables I’m outside about an hour messing with everything in the morning before work then again in the evening once the sun goes down. Its definitely paying off. Someone asked a question about the best bloom enhancer the other day, SoOrbudgal simply said the sun. Well the proofs in the pudding. We’re only on preflower but notice the difference 5wks outside has made in the Banana Kush😱😱😱 20 gallon pot and a bag of FFOF should be here Monday

The autos are getting full with dense buds. The one GSC I trained around the pot looks like a bouquet of colas 7-8” tall. The other GSC I didn’t bend over, only topped it then spread it out and there’s 3-4” colas all over it now.

I ordered a 10 pack of Fastberry last year but only grew 2 so far. It’s a Blueberry auto, potent and super relaxing. The one has been flowering a couple weeks now. Look at the one just starting to flower ,it’s blooms are already purple. Pretty plant

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice. Wish I could grow outside. I can legally, but the weather. That purple looks cool. The BK is unreal.

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Fingers crossed I keep her that way the next 2.5 months🙏🏻

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X