Vivosun Bowl Trimmer - Unboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivosun Bowl Trimmer - Unboxing

Bit the bullet, did not want 2-3 days in trim jail. Got it from the Jungle website, around 200 bucks. Well worth the money vs. time aspect. Seems solid, all metal construction. This will last a while.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0412.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	519955
    16" version because reviews say the 19" version uses the 16" blades.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0413.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	519956
    Bottom of the operating grate. Blades can be swapped pretty easily with the wingnut. Careful, I've never met a sharper blade. One for wet, like a razor. One for dry serrated but just as sharp.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0414.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	519957
    I think these dull wires are for very dry trimming. No documentation on that in the package. But, I'll be trimming right off the plant.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0415.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	519958
    A couple of included trimmers, that's nice. That little rubber pad sits under the bowl so it doesn't go flying off the counter. Also nice.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0416.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	519959
    Easy to assemble, one turn on the crank gets that blade spinning FAST.

I'll let you know how she works come late October. But wanted to get it along with a couple cases of mason jars before everyone else started thinking about harvest equipment.

Happy growin peeps.

This dude's spinnin too fast I think but it gives a trim good enough for curing....do a little fine trimming after.

Welcome to Garden Gangster!I am a Massachusetts medical card holder and these videos are intended for educational purposes for beginner growers aged 21 or ol...

Last edited by Floopydoop; 06-12-2021, 06:20 PM.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

It is anticlimactic how fast one of those will turn an hour's worth of hand trimming to a matter of seconds. It will just do it in about 15 seconds of cranking like it was no big deal.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Kills me watching those buds go through that torture.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Floopydoop
        Floopydoop commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL

Yeah, but better than sitting on the side of a bathtub for 7 hours. I'm old.

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha I feel ya. I have arthritis in my hands and back but I still do it all by hand. Popcorn buds go to making dabs so no need to trim those.

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Doesn’t hurt them one bit

It’s funny how when we started growing we looked forward to harvest, now it’s the most PIA part of the grow for me cus I know I’m going to sit and trim for a while. If only I could trust someone to doit for me

Comment

Trim jail made the grand finale anticlimactic for me. I had a closet full of 3 indica photos that were vegged too long, grew too high, had too much vegetation, and needed to be squished inside the closet to close the doors. I did hard time at my first stint in trim jail, it's still fresh in my memory. I've always wanted one of these, I'd trim it wet on a bigger grow which would require more drying racks. I liked hanging the colas to dry but with my hands/back/body this should be ahead of some other equipment wishes.

(I need to be more aggressive finding a source to press some of my best Mag buds, experiment. Equipment/supplies to make quality oil to vape and cook with are expensive. One ml of green dragon/EC hit my pancreas hard, so does too much dietary fat intake. Seems converting clean concentrates would best serve my needs.)
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, sorry about Mamma. A good friend has had MS for decades, he had a hard time getting diagnosed at Stanford. He's in a nursing home, it's a shame. His only sibling doesn't live here anymore, parents are gone.

• Floopydoop
          Floopydoop commented
          Editing a comment
          @puglover....how about PG or VG. Both carriers.....Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerine...? Kinda sure you could cook with them maybe, kinda, really have no idea. Damn....no fat huh? That's gotta be rough. Animal fats included (hope not)?

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fats are a crapshoot. Greasy cheese pizza OK; not greasy pizza with either bacon or paper thin pepperoni, not OK. Batter-fried anything, odds are bad. I even got sick from microwaving frozen egg rolls. No more ice cream. Sorbet OK. I can eat biscuits and gravy though. PB is iffy, butter cookies are bad. It's a cross between a suspect gallbladder, partial bowel obstruction and the lipodystrophy. I hear bad stuff about vp and pg in vaping not sure about eating it. I do well eating beef: hamburger, flank steak for Mexican food or stir fry, beef ribs, roast, steak. I don't know why about the meats.

Oh God I hate trimming..!! I never had.... And I never will.... Putting this gadget in my bucket list.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Personally I like to hand trim mine but a bro of mine had a ton of outdoor Durban. Let me tell you this thing was a Godsend.

Comment

The wife bought me one for Christmas, best gift ever. I can get this off the shelf and assemble it, harvest a entire plant then have everything put away in 45min or less. Common

Tip OJH turned me onto…weigh your buds wet after trimming and put them in 100g sections on your drying rack. Each day weigh them until they weigh about 25g then they’re ready for jars at around 63% humidity. I usually jar them at 30g just to be safe. Plus it seems like if you let them set a day around 70% humidity the buds really tighten up. Just have to burp them about a week to get humidity down to 63%

Comment

I was a few stems in and remembered this post. I already had everything out which made things a little quicker but I harvested this plant in 32min with me stopping for pics. Set the timer on my phone just to see. I got 507g wet that I’ll weigh down to 130g then I’ll use my CannaBrush to touch up a bit before jars. Just like my pool bot is worth its weight in gold, so is this spinner. I’m harvesting four plants alone tonight. No way if do this by hand

Comment

• Floopydoop
                Floopydoop commented
                Editing a comment
                Them dont look too bad at all for 32 minutes LMAO!!!

Gloves look pretty clean too

• bboyfromwayback
                bboyfromwayback commented
                Editing a comment
                These things are priceless lol I used to clean them up a little more before going on the spinner but it’s not necessary, few brushes with a CannaBrush once dry and they look great. If I was showing it off I’d hand trim for sure but for basic consumption they’re great

Updootin. Took down ATF today, started spinning at 9PM. 1130 now, so couple hours to take her down. Some shaggy results, but overall pretty good for the first time using it. Sure I'll get accustomed to loading and spinnin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0462.JPG Views:	3 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	533938
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0464.JPG
Views:	678
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	533947

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0466.JPG Views:	3 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	533940
              dang near filled the bowl up with salad. Overall, a great purchase!
              Last edited by Floopydoop; 08-31-2021, 02:49 AM. Reason: had to redact stuff. :P
              Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Nice! Now what does the inside of the bowl look like?
                Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                Various size fabric grow bags
                Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Floopydoop
                  Floopydoop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She's gonna need some alcohol wipin no doubt. Good finely trimmed, well, um....trim. Be good for mamma's coconut oil.

• Puglover1
                  Puglover1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Or let the trichs build up for a while?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X