Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    The wife bought me one for Christmas, best gift ever. I can get this off the shelf and assemble it, harvest a entire plant then have everything put away in 45min or less. Common

Tip OJH turned me onto…weigh your buds wet after trimming and put them in 100g sections on your drying rack. Each day weigh them until they weigh about 25g then they’re ready for jars at around 63% humidity. I usually jar them at 30g just to be safe. Plus it seems like if you let them set a day around 70% humidity the buds really tighten up. Just have to burp them about a week to get humidity down to 63%

Leave a comment:

• Smokesteve
    replied
    Personally I like to hand trim mine but a bro of mine had a ton of outdoor Durban. Let me tell you this thing was a Godsend.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Doesn’t hurt them one bit

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe this : https://levooil.com/

• Farmbuck
    replied
    Oh God I hate trimming..!! I never had.... And I never will.... Putting this gadget in my bucket list.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    Trim jail made the grand finale anticlimactic for me. I had a closet full of 3 indica photos that were vegged too long, grew too high, had too much vegetation, and needed to be squished inside the closet to close the doors. I did hard time at my first stint in trim jail, it's still fresh in my memory. I've always wanted one of these, I'd trim it wet on a bigger grow which would require more drying racks. I liked hanging the colas to dry but with my hands/back/body this should be ahead of some other equipment wishes.

(I need to be more aggressive finding a source to press some of my best Mag buds, experiment. Equipment/supplies to make quality oil to vape and cook with are expensive. One ml of green dragon/EC hit my pancreas hard, so does too much dietary fat intake. Seems converting clean concentrates would best serve my needs.)

Leave a comment:

• Cali
    replied
    It’s funny how when we started growing we looked forward to harvest, now it’s the most PIA part of the grow for me cus I know I’m going to sit and trim for a while. If only I could trust someone to doit for me

Leave a comment:

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    Haha I feel ya. I have arthritis in my hands and back but I still do it all by hand. Popcorn buds go to making dabs so no need to trim those.

• Floopydoop
    commented on 's reply
    LOL

Yeah, but better than sitting on the side of a bathtub for 7 hours. I'm old.

• Cloud
    replied
    Kills me watching those buds go through that torture.

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    It is anticlimactic how fast one of those will turn an hour's worth of hand trimming to a matter of seconds. It will just do it in about 15 seconds of cranking like it was no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• Floopydoop
    started a topic Vivosun Bowl Trimmer - Unboxing

Vivosun Bowl Trimmer - Unboxing

Bit the bullet, did not want 2-3 days in trim jail. Got it from the Jungle website, around 200 bucks. Well worth the money vs. time aspect. Seems solid, all metal construction. This will last a while.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0412.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	519955
    16" version because reviews say the 19" version uses the 16" blades.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0413.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	519956
    Bottom of the operating grate. Blades can be swapped pretty easily with the wingnut. Careful, I've never met a sharper blade. One for wet, like a razor. One for dry serrated but just as sharp.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0414.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.03 MB ID:	519957
    I think these dull wires are for very dry trimming. No documentation on that in the package. But, I'll be trimming right off the plant.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0415.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	519958
    A couple of included trimmers, that's nice. That little rubber pad sits under the bowl so it doesn't go flying off the counter. Also nice.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0416.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	519959
    Easy to assemble, one turn on the crank gets that blade spinning FAST.

I'll let you know how she works come late October. But wanted to get it along with a couple cases of mason jars before everyone else started thinking about harvest equipment.

Happy growin peeps.

This dude's spinnin too fast I think but it gives a trim good enough for curing....do a little fine trimming after.

Welcome to Garden Gangster!I am a Massachusetts medical card holder and these videos are intended for educational purposes for beginner growers aged 21 or ol...

Last edited by Floopydoop; 06-12-2021, 06:20 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X