Magnesium shortfall / soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Magnesium shortfall / soil

Hey GWE community, can you take a look at these 2 plants and advise on leaf changes?

First pictures are Jack Herer AF in week 11 from seed. Looks like magnesium shortage, maybe? Please advise as I’m a newbie!!!
    Attached Files

I'm older but a newer grower, what are you feeding them? Have you checked the plant/leaf problem identifier on the main GWE site, with pictures? Nugs look nice in your 2nd pic. I don't know about growing Jack Herer but some autos love cal-mag. I'm sure a pro will chime in. Good luck!
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• SnowDog
      SnowDog commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m pretty much all Fox Farm nutrients and soil. I’ve been adding more Cal-Mag recently ~5ml/gallon. Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.
      Last edited by SnowDog; 06-11-2021, 09:43 PM. Reason: Added nutrients.

I'm pretty sure what you're looking at is the plant's natural tendency to extract nutrients from its older sun leaves during bud. The overall health looks good and I personally wouldn't worry about it. If you're concerned about magnesium you can always add some Epsom to your regular water routine. When my plants are in full bud I will add Epsom and molasses to my schedule like twice a week. The buds appreciate the magnesium and the microbes in your soil like the molasses.

Comment

• SnowDog
      SnowDog commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, I’ll add more Epsom salts over the next month and hope those buds keep growing!

Looks like magnesium deficiency. Not a severe one at all. But she is telling you she wants some more for sure
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Of course if the PH is off then it may not be able to use whats there.

Comment

they don't look bad at all. at 11 weeks for an AF it is likely the plant drawing up all the remaining nitrogen from the leaves. Just make sure you water only when needed and make sure the PH is in the proper range for Soil or Coir. That one brown spot looks like physical damage (human or pest).

On a side note trim away some of the lower fan leaves for better uptake to the buds.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• SnowDog
          SnowDog commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome and thanks. Just a little freaked out. Doh!

Nothing really wrong with those plants. Not that I could see.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X