Slow growing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow growing?

Why does it seem my plants are so much smaller than everyone else's, mine are entering week 4 and they are literally a fraction of the size of others lol however though I did just recently start feeding with the floragro series, any advice? Please and thank you.

Maybe some more info about your setup?
    for example what light you are using and what wattage??
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

You're correct: those are mighty small for a month old. This will help you: https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I’m having the same problem. Came to the conclusion it’s lack of drainage and overwatering.

Comment

Are they autos or photos?
          I dont see a drainage issue.
          Need input!

Comment

Autos. Too much water?

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Pots are huge - plants are spreading their roots.

These (49-56 day) autos are 3 and 4 weeks old, planted straight into the 15 gallon pot of soil, the soils are left my home made living soil, right a commercial living soil, only water to be added as needed to see which one does best. No PHing, no nutes nothing but h2o for the entire grow.
            Good luck!

Comment

Well mine got some growing to do I reckon.

Comment

Hi Bucket
                Here is what I would do...and this is going only by the photo. Plants look healthy, just a little small (as you know). Read and follow the watering guide below. It appears that some of your soil is wet, some is dry. Roots will not grow into very dry medium. Following the watering guide will mean raising the pots on a grate or something so that run off can drain out, be collected and removed. Wet all of the soil. Look into adding some additional lighting, not much, just a little more. That's it. Watch and see how they do. If you're doing all of this already, Canuck147 has a good point, maybe they'll really get going soon.
                Learn everything you need to know about watering your cannabis plants. No more guessing or worrying!
                Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
                I like weed and science.

Comment

So sorry for the inactivity, but greatly appreciative of the responses as far as my setup im running a cheaper light off Amazon its a Glixer1000w LED, (but definitely isn't pushing that much). Light is kept 20 inches from tops of plants. Then im running 2 6 inch fans and a dual fan like you'd run in a house window n its set to low just to help the air and warmth from light from being stagnant, and they're in 3 gallon fabric pots with coco. I think part of my situation is when I first planted them my dry ammendment for veg was on back order so I started out with just 2-8-4 pre mixed into my coco, I know already starting off wrong, then it turned out I wasn't gonna get my 4-4-4 for a few more weeks so I went ahead and got some gh flora gro nutrients, and have been feeding for just a little over a week or so now, feeding half doses every other watering. I am watering 1 gallon of water for all 3 plants each watering and am watering every other day. I determine this by poking my finger into the coco about to my first knuckle to check if its moist to the touch. Water is dechlorinated, and ph range between 5.5 and 6.5.
                  Last edited by Bucket; 06-14-2021, 02:43 AM.

Comment

The 17th of this month, will actually make 1 month they've been planted. And to be honest I can't even tell you what strain they are bc they're just seeds i got from my sister tbh, I wanted to get a little hands on experience under my belt before I really dove into it. I fairly certain they're definitely not autos though Rwise
                    Last edited by Bucket; 06-14-2021, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope you are correct as many autos would be near done at this age, like those in the pic. Photos can be recovered and make a nice yield.
                      How do you water them? How often?

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Another thing with un known bag seed, there could be genetic issues.

Rwise I figured unknown seeds would be a gamble, definitely next run id like to purchase from an established seed bank if you have any ideas for me. And as far as watering at the moment they're being watered about every other day and fed every other watering.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Since they are already over a month old now i'd move that light down closer since you don't know the true watts of it, it should say true watts from the wall. I'd lower it to 20inch above the top of plants. And right now you got nothing to loose, give those pots each a gallon of water slowly let it run out, don't let them sit in it have a riser under pots. Don't water again till you lift an they feel lighter almost dry. Understand? Give it a go it's what i'd do at this point.

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some do work out well, but you just dont know. But even so called good seed can be bad, I got a batch of Black Domina that sprouted, and never grew any real leaves, at 6 weeks old (about) I tossed them all.
                      Do what SoOrbudgal said with the watering and lights, I will add to stick your arm/hand in at the top of the plants to see how much heat they are taking. If its to hot for you, it's to hot for them.

Lighting is the heart of any successful grow. What lights are you running and how high up are they hanging. They should also be in full spectrum mode at this point. No more than 1-2 cups of ph water with good nutrients lower your lights and that should put them in gear.

Comment

Ok ill give that a try. Right now my light is exactly 20 inches from plants. And RonnieB it's a cheap glixer light. It has veg and bloom option, should i be running both you say?

Comment

Here's what they're looking like atm

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                          CaptainWiese91 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          How much perlite do you have in the soil mix ?

And did you maybe press all the soil ? When filling the pot?
                          So it’s compressed maybe ?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X