Harvest Day & Question for Oil Makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Day & Question for Oil Makers

Took me about 10 hours to harvest the 2 Bubblelicious plants today. First 2 pics show the majority of today's musical selection. Third pic is of the shorter of the 2 plans forth pic is other one obviously. lol Fifth pic self explanatory. Last pic is of the remnants from cleaning the trimming shears through the day and brings me to my question for oil makers. When I start to make oil I will be making it ingestible. I know I'll will need to decarb my herb, can the remnants be added to the herb when doing the decarb to use it in oil? And a thought as I was getting ready to post. If it would work could I do the same thing with excess Bubble Hash?

As far as the trim, absolutely, just decarb it with your buds. I medium grind my decarbed weed with a mortar and it just grinds right in.

As far as the hash, it would have to be decarbed first I would think but I'm not a hash pro so wait until one pops along for a sure ruling on that one.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

I could trim all day to that playlist 👍🏻

Comment

Man i dig the selection of your trimming music. I saw Black Sabbath live many many moons ago
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! I am very envious of you!! Would have loved to see Sabbath back in their early days....I saw them a few years ago but it was with Ronnie James Dio singing (glad I saw him though). Rock On! SoOrbudgal

Great harvest Poppa
        Fat looking buds on them stems. You can grow man! Great tunes too!
        Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
        I like weed and science.

Comment

Jared the harvest today took first pic once setup. Second pic shows the 2.75 oz from the short front plant and 3 grams of kief collected from lower bin at clean up. Third pic is of the 6 oz from tall back plant. Last pic shows 6 jars of leaf from both plants for making hash, the 2 jars on their sides are a ounce of loose buds from front plant and just over 1/2 ounce of loose buds from back plant both of which I'll be setting aside for using later this year when I start learning to make oil.

Comment

Hey Poppa Your questions were answered yesterday in my thread called The Good, the Bad and the Ugly by Grouchy OM at 6:57 am. If I knew how to use the quote function on here I would pop it in for you but you will have to find it. It analyses the feasibility of using spent bud to extract with alcohol...good read. Also Farmbuck is the resident hash guru and he says no to decarb on the kief for hash. Do it fresh and green. You can decarb it later if needed I guess.
            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Poppa
              Poppa commented
              Editing a comment
              TOKABIGONE That really doesn't address what I'm looking to know. I either through the weed from making bubble hash out in the back yard to be mulched or give to a friend who likes to eat it with a little butter like having greens. What I want to know about is the resin I scrape off my trimming shears while doing a harvest & bubble hash that I have a surplus of being added to the flower while doing the decarb for making my oil.

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              If your intention is to smoke I say no to decarboxylation if later using your kief for edibles then why not. For me I only decarb when I do my cream and my oil for wife.

Talking about hash, I have over 60 grams of Nepal Jam colas aging for over 10 months now maybe it's time to sieve it into kief. I might get 6 grams out of it.
              Last edited by Farmbuck; 06-11-2021, 07:05 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X