Super soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super soil

A bit of confusion about PH in a water only grow.
    The super soil article state to not worry about PH( if starting with good water). It says keep it between 6.5 and 7.0 and then further down in the article there is a quick mention about as long as its below 8.
    Well which is it?
    I've been adjusting the PH to about 6.8. That doesnt seem to work very well. So the next grow I'm gonna try to not PH. My water comes in at 7.3 to 7.6.
    Any enlightening info would be greatly appreciated.

Tell us about the water, what is it?
    In a living soil one should not need to be worried with PH, all the things to balance the soil are in there, the plant moves things around as it wishes. Now there are limits to anything, if the water is to far out (PH) it will still be bad. Also if this water is tap water, the chlorine or chloramine will kill the soil. (Kills the good living things in the soil)
    If you plant is in veg try 6.3 PH, then back to 6.8 for flower, or vary it every watering.
    The natural PH of the living soil in the pic is 8.4, all I do is add rain water (PH 7.1) and let the plant maintain the soil, all the plant needs are in there. These are 9 weeks old.

Comment

I grow in living soil to and I just moved to a place with horrible water. The old place had ph 7.3 - 7.6 and 280ppm I used a inline charcoal filter to remove the chlorine/chloramine ph stayed the same and I used it straight from the filtered hose without a problem for years.

New place is crazy ph 8.1 ppm over 500 I bought a dual 10x2.5 filter setup and I'm adding a pinch of vitamin C to remove the chlorine/chloramine and surprisingly it dropped the ph to 7.1 .... the filter dropped the ppm down to just over 400 but once I added the C it went back up to 480ppm I can live with it like this and will be using it with the vitamin C. I just started using it yesterday and lights aren't on yet but they weren't dead last night when I saw them

If I were you I'd get a charcoal filter that says it removes chlorine/ chloramine and use it as is or you could skip the filter and add vitamin C it will remove the chlorine chloramine and drop the ph below 7 ... the C is very cheap I bought 2 lbs from Amazon for under 20 bucks and it's probably gonna last a year or more and I use 10-15 gallons per week
      Last edited by MeEasy; 06-07-2021, 06:30 AM.
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      πŸ‘‡my one n only journalπŸ‘‡
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Thanks for the response. My tap water comes in at 7.3 to 7.6 . I always dechloronate the water. I have been adjusting to 6.8. But it seems in flower it starts to get lock out. My previous grow I would ph to 6.5 and it was even worse. I was always afraid to let it go over 7.0 . It seems as if one is just pissing in the wind when you're not to have any runoff to test. By the time harvest rolls around the fan leaves are all jacked but the buds still look good. I'm always trying to improve, like everyone else.

Comment

Here’s the breeder who started the super soil technique.
          There’s nothing that compares to the flavor of properly grown organic pot: The subtle tastes and aromas created by using only “Mother Earth” are overwhelming to the senses when it’s done properly. As with vegetables, a rich organic soil can bring out the best in cannabis. Over the past 20 years, I have tried almost

My understanding is no need to worry about ph as long as your container is large enough to feed the plant to harvest. 7-10 gallon container per plant is recommended.

Equipment
          5x5x8 Gorilla Grow Tent β€’ Spider Farmer SF4000 β€’ AC Infinity 8” TS Fan/Carbon Filter
          β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
          1st Grow
          Started 01 Oct 2020 β€’ Flipped 12/12, 01 Jan 2021 β€’ Harvested 08 Mar 2021
          Black Gold organic potting soil β€’ Nature’s Living Soil β€’ Compost Tea using NLS
          Pennywise (Harlequin/Jack the Ripper) 1:1 ratio, Indica dominant, medium size plant

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X