No announcement yet.

Auto Training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lily, I searched online for Mag seeds again last night, nada, but I saw a reddit post where someone got 23 seeds from an 1/8th. Wish it was one of us, I'd share with peeps here so they could understand our obsession. Your training is going well, I'm going to up my nutes strength next watering. Mine are taking about 1/2 gal each now with little runoff. Stay cool!
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• panalilies
      panalilies commented
      Editing a comment
      Jealous! I have read that Verano has seriously dropped in quality over the last year. If I find any Mag seeds, Im going to hope they arent from them (but Id take them if there was nothing else). I think 2 quarts is a half gal, I should probably water a little less. There was a little bit of run-off this morning, first time its happened. Im not sure why, but I can no longer see messages if I click off them without replying first ;-; So I cant find our chat to message back or read what was said

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed a difference, there's a 'more' link in blue to click to see the thread of messages/replies. If I found one MAG seeds it's getting grown and cloned. Not sure who 'owns' MAG but it's always branded Verano/XL, right? I need to dig out my first purchase/plastic container when it was named Mag Mile to see who was growing it. People were dissing Verano carts but I still love me some Gelato in a Verano cartridge. I was checking the closet environment during the hottest part of the day, clipped a few leaves covering bud sites. I thought to myself 'wow, NL is looking normal-ish ... it was Lemon. I had smoked a decent roach before that, duh. Nephew texted that he worked all day (in the heat) but would come over later for my exhaust fan but I told him one more day it can wait, if he's available tmrw. Then I could bring the girls into the kitchen to water and train, out of his way. That oughta bring about better weather if I get the exhaust fixed, bc Murphy's Law. I should put on a notification in ILtrees or ILCannabis in /r in case someone finds MAG seeds, they had listed the dates, lot#, and where they shopped.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Here's Mag prices in Peoria. See the pics on the L sidebar? The 2nd one is mine, an old photograph. https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-str...a/mag-landrace

Top it!! Node 3. Then lollipop it. And you'll grow beauties like this. (Kidding) but I do top lollipop and defoliate every auto I grow. Heres proof that it can make plants thrive.

Comment

• Dannyboy58
      Dannyboy58 commented
      Editing a comment
      When do you lollipop them?

I start as soon as I see 2 or less nodal branches. Around week 3 maybe sooner if the plant is a prolific grower. I look at my plants and where my lighting pretty much stops. GWE article calls it an imaginary line. Everything below that line gets cut. Along with skinny wispy branches with 1 or 2 nodes. Its a race against time and you won't get them all. But you'll get enough to have all that extra energy go to well lit areas and 3 or more nodal branches. Dont cut all limbs at once. Do it in stages. Silica lots of silica will also help the plants bounce back faster and handle the stress a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by panalilies View Post
      Watering update I decided to water them 2 qts each at 4am this morning. Ive decided to follow the aggressive veg recommend nutes on the GH Flora series. Removed some fan leaves from both plants this morning, hopefully making way for air and light to reach the growth tips without hurting my babies too much.

CP #1-

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210612_103245.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	519880

CP #2-

Name:	20210612_102855.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	519879

Nicely exposed.

Comment

This is how I did my autos. To be fair, they were supposed to be Acapulco Gold photos but at 7 weeks from sprout on a 18/6 cycle they popped flowers. They were HST manifolded into 10 main colas. The second set are clones taken from the first mother. They just received LST. I thought one could not clone an auto, but here they are. The third set are sister seeds from the first batch getting their training started.

Name:	CLONE 9A.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	957.1 KB
ID:	520838
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Name:	CLONE 12A.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	929.5 KB
ID:	520840
          First two ready for harvest.

Comment

Name:	CLONE 13A.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	1,012.4 KB
ID:	520842

Second two clones from first set. Can autos be cloned? Yes they can.

Comment

Name:	CLONE 14A.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	974.9 KB
ID:	520845

Sister seeds that came in the same pack starting their HST manifold.

Comment

Watering update Gave CP #1 1 QT since it was still heavy. Gave CP #2 2 QT, it was much much lighter than CP #1. I cut off a bunch of fan leaves last night (maybe too many). Waiting for the new stems to stretch before moving them down under the squares (Wont stay down atm)

CP #1-

Name:	DSC_0654.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	5.14 MB
ID:	520929

CP #2-

Name:	DSC_0655.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	5.11 MB
ID:	520930
                FLOWERING:
                Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
                Mother Earth Groundswell Soil
                Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
                GH Flora Trio
                EnjoYield 1000W LED Grow Light 3x3ft with Timer Dimmable
                Current Grow: GC-Critical Purple Auto x2, ILGM- AH x2, NL x1

Comment

Watered them yesterday. I think the stretch will start here soon. I think I see little pistols but Im unsure right now.

CP #1-

Name:	20210621_164311.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	521714

CP #2-

Name:	20210621_164307.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	521715
                  FLOWERING:
                  Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
                  Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
                  GH Flora Trio

Comment

Not sure how I missed these, but CP #2 is officially in the early flowering stage. I dont see anything on CP #1 yet-

Name:	DSC_0656.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	522027

Name:	20210623_164111.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	522028
                    FLOWERING:
                    Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
                    Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
                    GH Flora Trio

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah good for you now play very little with these for couple weeks just watch for hiccups with the leaf. Less is more at this point with the training.

• panalilies
                      panalilies commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you! Should I remove my hooks/ training devices or wait a couple weeks?

• Catfish22
                      Catfish22 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would wait on your training devices until the end. I pulled the ones off the bent over and around northern lights I'm just finishing and it rose up about 2" or so. I would have had a flatter canopy all the way through had I left them until the end.

Name:	AG IN JARS A.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	522208

Both ripe plants finished. This is how I like my autos best.

Comment

I set up my camera to take pictures of the buds as they grow. Ill put it in a slideshow at the very end and see how the buds grew-

Name:	received_608320193433917.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	522266

Name:	DSC_0658.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	522267
                      FLOWERING:
                      Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
                      Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
                      GH Flora Trio

Comment

• Puglover1
                        Puglover1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ya know what? I won a GoPro5 and have never used it. I fired it up once to be sure it worked, set the date/time and took one picture. It would be great for a time lapse video. I PM'd you, I'm wondering what the metal racks that look like small oven racks are? I want to use those over saucers to try to raise the pots a little to see if it matters, and for watering. My basins work OK but those could come in handy. I have many saucers in my shed, not growing outdoor veggies this year. With all this rain it was probably a good choice. Drenched or droughted. Is the new AC making you happy?

• panalilies
                        panalilies commented
                        Editing a comment
                        hey! I think the ones I bought were like $6 drying racks from target. I was also looking at grates people use for cooking, but those were more expensive. I am so tired of the rain, my basement has flooded twice since thursday. I feel like I am getting less replies, but I think that could do with the weather getting better. Ill be going to TN next week for a week so I wont be on or anything, posting any pictures. My BFs mom has agreed to water my plants for me while we are away (and watch our dog for us). I hope they come out with new Mag seeds soon. Im trying to decided when i want to start growing my next plant, and where. I think im only going to do one next time. Stay dry this weekend, and make it a great one!

I had your message pulled up and after I got done typing, it kicked me off and wouldnt let me post my reply. And now I cant find my message with you ;-; but above is a copy and paste with what I wanted to say

• Puglover1
                        Puglover1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've had issues with messages too. Glad you have someone for the plants and dog. I have a friend whose dog I babysat that I could trust to keep my plants alive for a week, the pets I'd need to ask someone else to come here daily. So are those for by the kitchen sink drying racks? I've seen them in other some peoples' posts. I don't even want to go down to look at my basement but the cat hasn't come upstairs with litter-dusted wet paws so there's that. Why only one plant next time? I'm smoking my better Mag buds now, I thought I saw a seed last night but it was like a bract so now I'm going to break buds apart by hand instead of grinding them, for joints. I hope you have a nice visit in TN!

Just got back from vacation, my babies seem to be doing well

CP#1-

Name:	20210705_181207.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	523791

Name:	20210705_181310.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	523792
                      FLOWERING:
                      Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
                      Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
                      GH Flora Trio

Comment

It won't let me post the photo of the whole plant for CP#2, so here is a immature bud shot

Name:	20210705_181305.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	523794
                        FLOWERING:
                        Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
                        Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
                        GH Flora Trio

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X