No announcement yet.

OG Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems alot of us have used what we've learned from this site very well. This is the reason i like this forum, the old timers keep sharing there skills and knowledge what works an what does not. When we share advice we hope it's taken an used to improve the newbie weedhoppers grow. It's a lesson on patience and work. I see some same old questions same questions over and over from same careless growers still here, still asking for help with same issues we tryed to tell them how to solve. Some are just playing the same game hoping for a different answer when it's right there from months before same issues.

I don't think this would happen if you had to pay for this information. I'm always willing to help those who try hard to correct the issues. Some would like you to wait on them like needy babies an search for a drama site. So i tend to ignore those leeches that suck the wind from this forum. I don't know if they change names really does not matter, they care less about learning and growing top shelf or better than average weed. I suspect they are the same in there real lives. Other than growing outdoor for 40yrs and learning on this site about indoor i feel confident an very very pleased with the quaility of my weed. It's a great gift from Sirus & Nebula that they've given. We are free from advertising which is so annoying to me.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope it's not me lolllll As a retired IT analyst I always try to solve my problems by myself by doing some research... If I can't then I ask for some opinions from the growers here. Most of the time I just complain about my grows how good or how bad it is non ?
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 06-05-2021, 01:42 AM.

Yes it's not you LOL my Canadian grow buddy Farmbuck you have been very helpful. Man are they trying to get you to work from home again? IT security looks like the field to be in LOL. Lots of big huge corporations are " bending over " for the help.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL Sorry SoOrbudgal my western grower amie but the big techs or the government ain't worth it to go back and work for them again , life is too short now for most of us non ? The importance here is our health and so forth right ? Oh yeah and growing that damn beautiful plant loll

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aha, SoOrbudgal they are bending over because they didn't want to pay for top shelf people from the start.
      They get their bud at the dispo.

Well said Farmbuck , life is too short to be working for someone else's gain. Keeping my health up and growing these plants is what is keeping me going now.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Not really experienced enough to be in this group but would like to say that I really enjoy reading the posts by the “old growers group”. I can’t tell you how much information I’ve gained just by reading the posts by that group. The combined experience from this group is staggering, and if you don’t follow their advice you’re just not interested in doing it right. I would like to say “Thank You” to this group for sharing the information they’ve learned. Life is too short to make all mistakes yourself so you have to learn from others. Thanks again to atu, budgal, Farmbuck, bu2b, canuck147, 9finger, Farmall, Mr. Turley, and many others I’m leaving out and a big thank you to Sirius and Nebula.

Comment

I'm certainly old enough, 63, but 7 weeks into my first grow I'm not experienced enough to offer up my services as a GWE OG. I'm determined to grow excellent cannabis though, and obsessive about things I care about so give me a little time... Glad to see all the OGs in here so I know who to reach out to when I'm desparate!
        Danny

Lovin' life...

Grow System:
        DIY RDWC built in 10 gal tote container
        Vipar Spectra p2000 LED full spectrum light
        Vent fan w/carbon filter and assorted fans, airpump, dehumidifiers, etc
        2x4 grow tent

Current Grow: TOO MUCH

made the newb mistake of starting too many plants in my system. 2 Northern Lights autos and 2 Afghans autos

Comment

I'm a few days away from my 51st anniversary of hatch day. I remember the illegal scene as far back as 1989. I stopped using in 1993 to get a decent job and raise the family I suddenly found myself about to have. I also quit to get away from some of the folks I had to hang out with to acquire weed. I had everything from brickweed from Mexico to Afghani from OKC to hydro Skunk from Kansas before that - all with stems and seeds included of course. I did try a closet grow ca. 1991. I of course knew nothing about what I was doing and killed it with too much fertilizer.

Today with no danger of piss tests jeopardizing my job I have gotten back into it and have a medical card and a cultivation permit. I started ahead of time in '17 (medical wasn't ratified here until November 2018) with one tent and a DWC tote and a T5 fluorescent panel then quit until I could grow legally after a trip to Colorado for "souvenirs" and a big Purple Haze harvest put me out of the grow business for all of 2019. I found this forum just after renewing my basement grows.

I started growing fem photos only. I learned most of the basics (cloning, LST, even monstercropping) on ILGM's Purple Haze during my first successful grows. I've expanded to four tents now that I'm growing for other patients. Two of those are RDWC setups I am now using for growing out regs for seed stock. I even reproduced the seedy Skunk #1 I used to get in the old days when I was lucky on this last grow. I've only just started messing with autos - primarily for CBD varieties but also to not let seed company freebies go to waste. I am doing autos and probably all my fem photos for the foreseeable future in coco because I like the portability of having plants in individual pots.

I haven't got everything just perfect yet but I'm getting better and trying new things just about every grow. For my latest "learning experience", check out my Project Murcott thread.
          Project Murcott:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2. Four female Crockett's Tangies in coco for seed.

Project Deuxberry:
          3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Four Dutch Passion Blueberries in coco for seed. Three females, one male. Harvested and drying.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae mix.
          Megacrop for seeded grows, Down-To-Earth dry amendments for regular grows.

Coconut Grove: Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Purple Kush, Peyote Z-----z, Pineapple Express, Wedding Cake and Alien Technology fem photos in new 4x4 tent under new Platinum P4-XML2 LED.

Nursery: 32"x32" tent with T-5 fluorescent panel. Photo seedlings waiting their turn: G-13, Purple Urkle, Sweet Zombie, Cloud Walker, Chocolate Mint OG, Romulan plus Cheese Auto, Magnum Auto and four BC Mangos for Project Ambika

On deck: BC Mango plus assorted feminized seeds. Have over 1000 homegrown Ghost Train Haze seeds and hundreds of Skunk #1 available for trade.

Comment

My wife (the best person to ever happen to me) came home today with a small package which she handed to me and said "Happy early Fathers Day!". I cut open the package and was greeted by something akin to the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy... as printed on the front in bold friendly letters were the words PLEASE USE THIS JOURNAL WHILE YOU ARE HIGH Upon further investigation I found what I had received was a 'Creative Thinking Journal' by Pilgrim Soul. It's filled with a ton of exercises, note space and a few very nice post cards (one of which I am sending to all of you) to help one change the way they think about thinking. The post card gives us all an excellent starting point:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	LTSG.jpg Views:	42 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	519253
            The grouchyoldman (another of the best people to happen to me) is kind enough to remind me of the same thing from time to time
            Have a Gr8 one folks!
            Last edited by BU2B; 06-14-2021, 12:07 AM.
            Get personal HELP from the OG Group Sign up for the GWE Newsletter and find out How to Get HELP with your plant(s) as Quickly as possible

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
              DeadlyFruit commented
              Editing a comment
              Love it!

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              That's beautiful an so true and wonderful gift

A few thoughts on newbies, tolerance and diversity:

IF me throwing a few thoughts out on occasion is an issue for you PLEASE pm me and I'll do my best to follow my own advice and rectify the situation.

First, I completely understand just getting fed up with the same questions from newbies over and over. Many are thinking if my stuff is public why can't anyone figure out how to search so I don't have to repeat myself over... AND over Others are thinking; if after taking the time to insure your answer is correct, maybe even cross checking data, double checking your tone and choosing your words as carefully as possible that if the person you are 'helping' doesn't even take the time to reply maybe your reply of 'f@ck you very much!" would be more than appropriate.

I'm reminded of one of the most honest and sobering reads I have ever had the privilege of reading - a very short book from a commencement speech called "This is Water" by David Foster Wallace. If you get a chance to read it, do so. I don't think you'll be sorry.

We are swimming in this sea of stuff every day of our lives, it becomes so common we don't even see it any more. Everyone should be kinder, we should learn how to use a search function, we should say thank you, we should help others and accept them (not forgive them) for simply being human. I am as guilty or perhaps more so than any... but Tolerance and Diversity as opposed to Irritation and Assimilation is the way to go in my book. People think differently... THAT'S A GOOD THING! Two minds together working on the same problem that have different ways of approaching and analyzing the situation will get the job done 3 times faster and more efficiently than two individuals alone.

Believe me, I know it's hard. There are a lot of things I should do, and know I should do that I often just don't and I'm quite sure I'm not alone in that boat. So, whether you decide to answer questions privately or personally or a combination of the two is completely your choice and not one that will ever draw ire from the OG Group or me. 'If you're causin' no harm then you're alright with me'. My hope is, something all of you have done a rather admirable job at; be as kind, understanding, patient and helpful as you can be. You can't give 110% (that saying drives me right up the wall) but you can give what you have, and believe it or not... It's almost always more than what you think you have.

"Give
            Always give what you can
            Even if your allies draw lines in the sand
            And dig, always dig a little deeper
            Sometimes it's hard to be my brother's keeper..."
            Nahko & Medicine for the People 'love letters to god'
            Last edited by BU2B; 06-10-2021, 02:34 AM. Reason: Phixing Phat Phinger Phoible
            Get personal HELP from the OG Group Sign up for the GWE Newsletter and find out How to Get HELP with your plant(s) as Quickly as possible

Comment

• Dannyboy58
              Dannyboy58 commented
              Editing a comment
              Right on brother. Spread the Nahko Bear vibe.

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with alltatup !

• Gracey
              Gracey commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the reminder.

The OG Group - Keeping us current Week of 6.13.21

News, Reports, Updates & Requests:
            In an effort to keep the OG Group 'current' in the forum standings I will be adding and deleting sections such as this on a somewhat regular basis. We wont necessarily have daily posts of new members or comments from members due to the nature of the forum 'personal help' - so a good way to keep us in the general forums eye is to be there when people look.

Todays musical gift to get your week going --> A reminder when things start looking bleak and you're feeling black as night (with a little bit of moon light)

oldjarhead100 was found alive and well and living in nudist commune on a remote south Florida island. In reality we all know that's not really the case... It was South Carolina! I just wanted to see how many people actually read these old posts 7.20.21

Have a GREAT week everyone!
            Last edited by BU2B; 07-20-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

As I am certainly old enough, I'm too inexperienced to participate in the OG group but I find it is necessary to talk about something that has bothered me for decades. In my formative years, I was a big fan of Robert A Heinlein who wrote in his book 'Friday' that a sick culture shows a complex of symptoms but a dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A loss of politeness, of gentle manner is more significant than a riot. (Heard of any riots lately?) In the 1700's Edward Gibbons and Edward W. Montague both wrote that the collapse of Rome was due to the loss of civic virtue. The absence of civility is in every nook and cranny. TV, radio, politics, blogs, social networking are all showing this trend. In my youth there was much less of this. Then came TV and all the rest. The word F U C K was simply not heard in polite society. But we kids whispered it...then came the sixties and we shouted it. Eventually it was ok on TV, now it's an everyday word. That's not the worst. I'm telling you kids that I am a little fearful of the future for my children. My parents probably felt this way too. Can it be changed? Should it?
              Started 9/9/21: 2nd grow: Hawaii Sativa MAUI auto x 3
              Finished Grow: Critical Mass photo - fem x 3 plus 1 clone same
              Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 5 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw total
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Guano, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros, ACV for organic pH down as my filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              Reptile Humidifier/Fogger w/same RH controller, bottom intake fan, 6" heater
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.
              Old hippies never go away, they just
              Grow Their Own

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

TOKABIGONE Have to say this a very sobering topic and one that I’m sure is meant to be. If I interpret the tone correctly.

I have always rejected the status quo of a dark and dismal future. I refuse to give in and decided some time ago that it’s much better to give out and not give up. Much of what we see as reality is filtered through the media lens. You hear bad news twice as fast as good news and you have all news instantly. Filtered through the media people are gunning each other down in the streets. Yet, in millions of neighborhoods just like ours people are helping each other and kind. That of course never gets much coverage, but it is the other side of the coin. What the future holds is our choice and ours alone. One at a time, day by day, teaching tolerance and personal responsibility.

Don’t give Up! Don’t get disheartened! Like Plato who was sure the current generations youth was the downfall of humanity, time will prove our fears to be just that, fears.
                Like many, I often get discouraged and let the unproductive and choking thoughts in my garden get out of hand and take all the joy and wonder out of my life. If like me, you have bouts of depression where you're pretty much sure your not worth much of anything to anyone anyway all of 'this' can be a bit of a sucker punch to the gut sometimes. However, I count myself lucky enough to have someone who knows me and loves me any way, and whether it is her, circumstance, or a good swift kick in the reality by a cherished friend, life always has a way of pulling me back up on my feet, dusting me off, and saying, "Right. So now, on with the work of pulling those weeds, and helping your neighbor when your done."

"Whichever path you follow, push on till tomorrow, love all, serve all and create no sorrow" - Trevor Hall

Its all up to us my friends
                Last edited by BU2B; 06-13-2021, 09:43 PM. Reason: trying to get it right

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BU2B, Thanks for your reply on a Sunday, sir. It is a sobering subject and I don't want to hijack your thoughtful thread but when I see disrespect coming from people who ask for help and hate the answer, I feel obligated to try to be that voice crying out in the wilderness for folk to wake up and look at what we are becoming. I would love to discuss more but this is not my thread. Anyone who likes may
                  PM me. Believe it or not I am an optimist as well but some things need to be said, thanks

• BU2B
                  BU2B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't know what the details are but this much I do know; Wookiefoot was right "If love is not the answer, then we just asked the wrong question."
                  Personally, I think we've got thousands of years of belief systems* which have purported that the stairway to heaven is lined with the bodies of those who oppose us, and whose final goal has been the destruction of everyone and everything unlike one's self. I truly believe that belief system permeates to the very core of our societies, add in technology over the last 75 years which allows us to select the truth we find convenient and the boulder becomes much more unyielding. Not always overwhelmingly but so far, reason, common sense, compassion and yes (dare I say it,) love; has come out on top. It's a steep hill, a big boulder and there are a lot of obstacles. Don't let the obstacles distract you from the goal - you're not responsible for the other persons personal journey. You can point out the road signs, even walk with them for awhile if you're going the same direction, but you can't MAKE them follow the path. Mandated 'morality' just doesn't work. Just do your part my friend, the best you know how... it's really all you can do.

*PLEASE NOTE - I am NOT naming names or pointing fingers at any specific religion or political bias. IF offended please PM me and I will remove the post as it is after all... my opinion, (which I do my best to base on the evidence of reality) but my opinion none the less.
                  Last edited by BU2B; 06-13-2021, 10:28 PM.

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah my friend BU2B, now you have brought the conversation to the core of what is the real issue in that Love really is the answer; it doesn't matter what the question was! This sir is the very center of my belief system. We are all endowed at birth with an unlimited supply of it in the hope we will expand it more by giving it away. Really it's a beautiful system when you think about it. When I pray I never ask for anything because I am already blessed with everything I need...instead I offer all the love I contain to God's creation knowing full well I shall receive it manifold as I need it.

I offer the same disclaimer as BU2B and can easily delete my post. Thank you

The Sphere
                (lyrics by Neil Peart: RUSH)

We can walk our road together
                If our goals are all the same.
                We can run alone and free
                If we pursue a different aim.
                Let the truth of love be lighted,
                Let the love of truth shine clear.
                Sensibility, armed with sense and liberty,
                With the Heart and Mind united in a single perfect Sphere.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's funny to me that I don't recall paying much attention to this song and now when I see what awesome poetry it is I'm struck that sometimes we don't appreciate the tune so we ignore the poetry. I had to google the song and listened...an amazing piece IMO!

TOKABIGONE BU2B I've come to realize that the elders of each generation look around with incredulity and wonder, How did things get so fucked up!! It wasn't like this 50 years ago...

CENSORED DELETED CENSORED Sorry I went off y'all, inappropriate for my beloved GWE.
                Last edited by alltatup; 06-15-2021, 10:07 AM.
                Anyone can grow shit weed easy. If you want to grow top shelf bud, do your research: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Ask for help from an OG (old grower): https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oup#post525826

Growing since July 21, 2016
                2 BCNL Roommate hydro boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 14: C99 & Blue OG (G13 Labs), Triple G (RQS), Afgoo (Coastal Genetics), Godfather OG (DNA Crew), Kosher Kush (Reserva Privada)

Comment

Okay.
                  Before this goes any further, time for a mental shoe swap. Please… this is a hot topic, think before throwing that potato back out there. We don’t want to burn the hands of the helpers.

Comment

I completely agree BU2B i WILL NOT RESPOND FURTHER ON THIS ISSUE ON THIS THREAD. If anyone wishes to continue this old fart grumble cession please PM ME. I'm sorry to all for this too hot for prime time issue on here. @alltutup will you PM me please...
                    Started 9/9/21: 2nd grow: Hawaii Sativa MAUI auto x 3
                    Finished Grow: Critical Mass photo - fem x 3 plus 1 clone same
                    Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 5 gal cloth bags
                    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw total
                    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Guano, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros, ACV for organic pH down as my filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH
                    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                    Reptile Humidifier/Fogger w/same RH controller, bottom intake fan, 6" heater
                    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.
                    Old hippies never go away, they just
                    Grow Their Own

My salute to all who have served
                    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X