?Vape pens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?Vape pens?

I would like to try a dry herb vape pen. Could y'all give me a basic idea how they work and maybe some examples of mid price rigs. Thanks! πŸ™‚πŸŒ±
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

I bought a red version of this one from my local smoke shop- Its okay, I do prefer actual oil or a bowl over using it. Im sure others may have a better experience/ better pen, but this one isnt bad. You un-screw the cap, add the bud, and push down on the mouth-piece to make it work.

The Yocan Evolve-D Plus vaporizer features a bigger heating chamber, providing more space for your favorite herb. The Yocan Evolve-D Plus takes your dry vaping experience to another level. Buy authentic Yocan Evolve-D Plus only from Yocan Vaporizer store.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210527_092607.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	517302

Name:	20210527_092625.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	517303

Name:	20210527_092616.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	517304
    FLOWERING:
    Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
    Mother Earth Groundswell Soil
    Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
    GH Flora Trio
    EnjoYield 1000W LED Grow Light 3x3ft with Timer Dimmable
    Current Grow: GC-Critical Purple Auto x2, ILGM- AH x2, NL x1

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, seems pretty straightforward.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      panalilies I have an art deco smoking stand next to me, it has a car-like lighter, you flip it over and it gets red hot. Next time my Bic dies ...

• panalilies
      panalilies commented
      Editing a comment
      Puglover1- that's actually smart! I know my lighter is about to die soon, I have to flick it like 5 times to get a real flame ;-;

Hi Catfish22
    I have a few dry herb vapes...the one that works good for me and was a good price is the Boundless CF vaporizer. it is not in the shape of a pen. It works great, produces lots of tasty vapor. Cleaning it is easy. To use it, you just grind up some weed like you would for a joint. Put a little ground up weed in the thing. Put the top back on, Turn it on, wait about 30 seconds and haul on it.
    Here is a purchase link (US site)...it's on sale. A short quick start video is also below. There are hundreds of vapes...if you have more questions let me know.
    Boundless CF Vaporizer Heats πŸ”₯ Up In Under 20 Seconds. Strong πŸ’ͺ Vapor. Solid Build and Feel. βœ… Free Shipping & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jeff, I'll check that one out.

I don’t smoke so a dry herb vape and edibles are my way of doing things. I have a x-max Starry v3 and a POTV One. I like them both. The xmax is broken because the battery door came loose but I had given it some hard use prior to that so no blame on the device. I think I like the xmax a little bit better but now that I am adjusting to the One the experience is getting much better. I purchased some little metal capsules you can preload with herb so using and cleaning is easier, and I purchased a mini bubbler. You can get other attachments such as a universal bong connector. These are portable units and as such don’t produce huge clouds of vapour but you are still getting the cannabinoids and as you get used to how it functions the clouds get thicker. If you are a smoker you may want to get a tabletop model to satisfy the need for thicker clouds.

EDIT: just wanted to add that both units are in the $90-130CAD depending upon where you get them and if they are on sale.

Comment

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      How much of the ABV do you use compared to the decarbed bud?

I actually take the "sludge" from my strained canna cap oil and save up the leftovers from a couple batches and mix it in a Betty Crocker $1 brownie mix and ta frickin da! Sometimes their woohoo and sometimes, meh. But hey, either way, brownies. 😁🌱

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Can’t fault you there.... brownies!!

I think I used about 1oz of water-cured ABV with 250g of butter but I can’t remember how strong it was exactly as it’s been a few months since the last time. With ABV there are a lot of variables for strength - strength of original weed, temperature it was vaped at, was it water-cured, was it just a short session with a single person on a portable model or multiple people with a desktop model etc. On occasion I’ve also mixed trim with ABV and threw in some bud or concentrate if I wanted more or stronger cannabudder. In general I just kind of wing it somewhat πŸ™‚

TBH I don’t actually mind the taste that much. if it isn’t vaped too hot it is kind of nutty rather than burnt. Not exactly delicious but not horrible. It certainly isn’t reclaim. With that said, water curing gets rid of most of that flavour (although it decreases the strength).

EDIT: there are calculators online that will help you calculate dosage with ABV if you do a quick google

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all the information DF. That gives me a base line anyway. I make caps with coconut oil so the taste wouldn't be a big concern so I could skip the wash.

Be sure and check out the Arizer line of vaporizers. I have a few and they are great quality and perform very well. They are having a sale right now, a very good sale. Plus...they're Canadian
    World-Renowned Dry Herb Vaporizers. High Quality, Unmatched Performance & Industry Leading Customer Service. Experience why The Arizer is Better By Design.
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

just do some research. In my opinion if you want to vape versus smoke the verdict still isn't in on which is "healthier". Vaping allegedly has just as many potential side effects as smoking (weed) so consider that when purchasing a vape. Pipes or rolling papers are substantially cheaper and of course a pipe lasts much longer than a vaporizer...unless you lose it like I have a few times!!!
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I have a PAX3 and it works pretty good. Runs about $200-250 depending on what package you get, but it has a 10 year warranty. Like mentioned above, just do a lot of research until you find what you want.

Comment

I used my ABV to make firecrackers, got some pretty strong buzzes. I didn't like the small reservoir, the recharging, and the cleaning.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• panalilies
          panalilies commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats kinda the reason I dont use mine often. I have to keep moving the bud around since it just sits on the already burned part and doesnt get the good stuff

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X