Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Harvest window

Hi all,
    just seeing if I can get some more experienced advice please! My strawberry cheesecake auto from Seedsman is starting week 12 from seed today and is displayed as a 12 week from seed auto. I don’t have a proper magnifier yet so am just using zoom on my phone, and was wondering if someone could possibly give me some insight please as to how long you think till the harvest window opens? I’m looking for the highest effects before it starts becoming too sedating. TIA.

I don't see any yellowing of leaves. Typically when the leaves start turning yellow all over the plant (not just the bottom) its time to harvest. They do look ready but I always err on the side of "just one more week!"

Curing them properly will also benefit the potency so make sure you cure the buds properly.

Overall you did well
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

She looks pretty done to me, especially if you want less couch lock in your high. She still looks like she's going to knock you on your ass though. It's hard for me to tell by the trichomes all the time so I usually go by the pistils on the lower buds, when most of the hairs have turned orange and curled up is when I cut them. Sometimes the trichomes are easy to see and you can tell when they change without any magnification at all. Also, the leaves don't always change at the end of flower so keep that in mind too. I have one right now that has a week left and is barely yellowing at all. Or, you can harvest a few tops to sample and let the rest keep going. I'd say cut her down she's ready, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

When all the trichs look like they have white plastic heads is the beginning of the harvest window. You'll want as few "glassy" looking ones left as possible. Also, sativa-dominant varieties are loathe to show amber trichs, so looking for amber isn't always the best way to judge. Make sure to cure them right. I had some Laughing Buddha that was decent after drying, but six months of curing later it is mind-blowing and I can't leave it alone.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Thank you all for your feed back, I truly appreciate it. It’s unreal how a few different opinions and perspectives can help ease your mind and slow the brain down to think straight when you’re so close to the end and eager for a taste. I managed to borrow a bluetooth magnifier off a mate today and my thoughts are I’ll take the main cola off down to the height of the next colas, lower the light and do ph water only feedings for a week to 10 days on the rest of the plant. Anyone’s thoughts, processes or feed back on this process, whether tried or not would be greatly valued. The first 5 photos are of various heights of the main cola, the next 6 are of tops of some of the next colas down. Thank you all and have a great day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X