Transplanting seedlings?/newbe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Transplanting seedlings?/newbe.

When I transplant my seedlings to the outdoors is it a good idea to plant them at the same depth as they are growing, or deeper?
    I guess what I am asking is, are these plants like tomato plants, in that if you bury them with part, or the whole stem buried the stem will send out new roots.
    Do these plants do the same? I don't want to plant them too deep and possibly kill them.
    Any advice will be appreciated, thank you.

yes they can be planted deeper like tomatoes.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

And yes they will grow new roots from the buried part.

Comment

Thank you folks very much. I was leaning toward planting them deeper because I have one that has some roots sticking out of the surface of the soil.
        Thanks again!!!

Comment

Just remember to treat them like cannabis and not tomatoes. They have very different growing requirements. Make sure they get at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight and preferably in an area where they don't compete with other plants for space above or below ground. The soil should get good drainage too (no mud or silica). Fabric pots work great outdoors in case you want to go that route.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Also be cautious you don’t sink them so low the bottom leaves droop onto the ground. You want some room for air to flow underneath and so they don’t sit on the ground.

good luck!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X