Next grow recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next grow recommendation?

I am starting to think about my next grow and am hoping to get some recommendations for seed bank and strain. Here are some details to consider:

I want an auto that is mostly or completely sativa
    I don’t plan on topping because I’ve never let any of my grows just grow out naturally and I want to see what it does without any training
    I plan on growing in 5 gallon pots with coco loco and Nature’s Living Soil, super soil approach
    I’m indoors in a tent and plan on growing two plants

As far as my experience level, this will be my 4th grow. I’m kind of down on myself as far as my grow skills, as my results have been mixed. My current grow, an OG Kush auto from Nirvana, is going pitifully. Bad leaf discoloration and leaves dying all the time, no matter what I try. I really put in a lot of effort and do everything I can, but these girls are just past the point of no return I guess. I mention all of this because I want something that is more on the fool-proof side. I am not seeking out a challenge here, I just need this next grow to go better.

Please, my fellow growers, any advice which seeds to get? I am in the USA and would prefer to buy from outside the country for legal reasons. Thanks!

I’d stick to Canuck147 auto grow and use 2 gallon pots. 5 gallon are a bit big for autos. If you want to use living soil just use less since it’s a smaller pot than the 5 gallon they recommend. My last auto grow I used 3 gallon pots with 10oz living soil and I wasn’t happy but I think it was mostly due to watering since you do it differently with living soil with no runoff. My current auto grow I’m using 2 gallon pots with 12oz living soil, each plant gets 16oz water everyday and they’re looking great

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Thanks for your recommendations. I’ll definitely consider doing 2 gallons instead.

Crop King Seeds in Canada 🇨🇦 - 174 autoflower choices to choose from so I'm sure one can find what you're looking for.
    Farmer's Lab Seeds in Canada 🇨🇦
    Ace Seeds
    Last edited by Canuck147; 05-23-2021, 12:36 PM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet, I’m looking into Crop King and there’s so much to choose from. I used to do Nirvana but I’m not blown away by them, and the latest forum posting about them has me feeling even less confident in them. If you recommend Crop King then that’s worth a lot to me.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Crop King is what i am growing currently

Rik I am on my 2nd grow and I did a Northern lights and lemon first then 2 northern lights this grow and they are very well behaved and darn near bullet proof.

Mine are Seedsman so I get a different pheno every time I think. Try Crop king or I hear on here Dutch passion is reputable. Most breeders have an NL auto in their stable.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I would love to do Northern Lights, but since all of my grows have been indica leaning, I would like to choose a sativa this time around.

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, I noticed on your first post about wanting a sativa, I should have read closer, apologies.

I would sure like to grow some Aculpoco Gold or Colombian to compare with what we used to get back in the 70's. 🙂🌱

I don't have as good of results with autoflowers as I do with photos and it's kind of disappointing to me usually. I also like the versatility, being able to train and grow them as big as I want to before flipping them to flower. I just got a lot of autoflower seeds (45 total) from a contest on Seedsman, so I'll be practicing with those to see if I can improve my techniques. Unfortunately, I may not be able to grow too much in the next year (if at all) so I might be sitting on these for a little while before I can use them. I'm moving into a smaller place on someone's property for a little while and I'm not 100% sure they are weed friendly. So until I find out for sure I'll be playing it safe. If they'll let me though, I plan on doing a few autoflowers at a time and trying my luck with growing outside. I might try planting some of my Pink Kush CBD and seeing what they say. Worst case is they say they don't want me growing and I'll get rid of them. I'm hoping they won't mind, and I'll kick them down a little if they do smoke weed. I guess we'll see soon enough. It's not my ideal situation, but it allows me to keep all my dogs and not be out on the streets so I can deal with it for a little while.

Anyway, my opinion on autoflowers (in my experience at least) is that they're best grown in coco or hydro indoors. I haven't been able to do an outdoor grow yet but I will say that's probably the better way to grow them for maximum yields. Hopefully I can test my theory this next few months.

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck with your new living situation. The Pink Kush CBD is a good way to feel people out. If they’re smokers then you know that’ll open up the conversation completely. Hope you can grow to your heart’s content!

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I hope it works out the way I want.

Rik Don’t get down on yourself - it wasn’t until my 3rd or 4th grow that I started solving more problems than I created for myself. These days things improve steadily with each grow. I’m sure your next one will go better.

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely. I still have bad grows and I've got a few under my belt done in the last few years. Lots of learning and experience over the years and sometimes things still go wrong. But like you said, it seems to improve a little bit each grow.

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DeadlyFruit and dphipps1020 for that. Each grow so far I have learned so much, I’m just anxious to get past this annoying OG Kush and start fresh again. You guys are right. This is a hobby that requires experience and a lot of patient learning. I appreciate your words of encouragement.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X