No announcement yet.

Project Deuxberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 5 of veg came with just a routine feed for the Blueberries. My optimism was not in vain because they are starting to take off. I even got to top one of the bigger ones. I expect to put the smaller ones into full size pots next weekend.

[pic later when iCloud allows]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0277.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	523726
    Last edited by UndergroundFarmer; 07-05-2021, 05:31 PM. Reason: iCloud allowed. Or maybe iClowed aloud.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	523725
      Week 6 of veg and they continue to thrive! I will repot the smallest three soonish. I am also considering moving one of the big ones to the new 4x4 tent to flower out. I just jarred up the recent harvest from that tent and this is the first time in forever that the grow room wasn't absolutely dank.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:

Comment

Week 7(!) of veg and this project is finally taking off. I've moved the tallest Blueberry to the 4x4 flower tent where the autos are finishing (but not fast enough for my tastes). The smaller ones are now in three gallon pots to finish out their lives in. I've invested in a bag of worm castings after watching some Mr. Canuck's Grow videos. Since I'm out of the hydro business for a few more months at least, I'm working on moving my coco game past the basics. Basic was good enough to get a killer Purple Haze crop, so I'm expecting big-ass things going forward. Besides, it's oddly satisfying to work the castings into the top level of the coco. I've also had to work on my coco prep. I grabbed a tub that was once going to be a RDWC reservoir to make big batches of coco/perlite/castings mixes instead of a clumsy five gallon bucket. Anyway, all the BBs are topped and in their final pots so staking and tying should happen by next weekend.

Name:	IMG_0314.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	524606
        Now to see if I even have any males in the mix....
        Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

It's week 8 of veg for the Blueberries (week 2 of flower for the one that moved out!). The coco/worm castings/perlite mix combined with the hydro nutes is making them grow like badasses. I intend to try using slow-release fertilizer some day but right now I have too much of my old nutes in stock to go there yet. I've gone as far as buying some mycorrhizae to add as a top dressing for the big plants and as a root supplement for transplants like I did for three of my seedlings waiting in the wings. I think I'll be able to finish staking out the branches by next weekend. There may only be one more week in veg after that considering how they are progressing.

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	526082
          One of these guys I nearly left for dead. Really!
          Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 9 of veg is it for Deuxberry. I've defoliated and tied them up and flipped the timer to 12/12. The timing is mostly because of the largest one - she is threatening to go through the roof waiting for the others to catch up.

Before:

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	527247

Afterweirds:

Name:	IMG_0369.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	527248

There are no clear signs of male preflowers yet. I may not get seed, but I can settle for a crapload of Blueberry.
            Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

IT'S A BOY!!!

Name:	IMG_0381.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	528761

Week 2 of flower and I've got three females and one male in this tent. Maybe it's the lights; it can't be just pure luck. A few weeks of flower for Tangie might tell me. The male is the one at left front in the group shot.

Name:	IMG_0386.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	528760

The Blueberries all got a top dressing of worm castings along with their weekly liquid nutes. I did just a bit more defoliation and tying stuff down because why leave free weed on the table? This guy and gals started stretching two days after the 12/12 switch and look like they'll produce a lot of seed in a smallish tent. Their counterpart in the new flower tent is standing tall and making bud already. I've noticed no limp stems in any photos I'm growing now that I'm raising them this way. It might only be the strains, too. I've got a Dark Devil auto and a CBDV auto that don't support themselves well, but they haven't gotten the worm castings because I started them too soon for that.
              Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Name:	IMG_0416.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	529971
                We are at week 3 of flower and there can be no doubt which plants are female and which one ain't. The Blueberries needed the least defoliation this weekend because I pretty much took off everything I could get away with last week! Last week will probably the last time the biggest BB leaves this tent until chop because there isn't much room between this tent and the corner of the nursery tent to carry a wide and tall plant. The grow room will be absolutely florid with all three big tents switched to 12/12 for the next month or so.
                Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Only two days later and I have my first open male flower. So it begins....

Now I've got to wash up between tent visits again.
                  Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

I borrowed some BB pollen to cross with my Kosher Kush in flower today. Blueberry Kolache seeds are coming soon. I also picked up the dusty boy and gave him a shake, creating a swirling cloud of dust inside the tent just before I zipped it all up as fast as I could. I will likely take him down this weekend and bag the flowers for later projects.
                    Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

• Ckbrew
                      Ckbrew commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How long can you store the pollen and have it still viable? How do you store it?

• UndergroundFarmer
                      UndergroundFarmer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It can be collected and frozen then reused months later. Moisture and heat are the enemies. I'm trying to decide if I want to try to hang on to some.

At week 4 of flower, the dusty one has now bitten the proverbial dust! His exit came after a few good pollen tornadoes inside the tent and I'm already seeing seeds developing. We lost power from Friday afternoon to Saturday night here. The first night, temps weren't bad, but the RH was, so they slept with their tents unzipped and the door open. Next morning, I was forced to move them outside to spend a day in the actual sun. They loved it, but even with a watering that morning, they were still super thirsty at feeding today. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0435.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	748.1 KB
ID:	531121
                    I made sure to shake this guy off before bringing it in. It must have gotten wasted - I had to brush it hard to make it move!

Name:	IMG_0443.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	531122
                    They are still stretching even though pollinated. You can see spent flowers on the floor. Even with only three plants, they look like they could still fill up this 3x3.
                    Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

• newbutoldgrower75
                      newbutoldgrower75 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just wanted to say that I'm following and have been enjoying your posts buddy. Breeding is something I am very interested in a bit further down the track, once I learn how to grow a bit better and a lot more research when I have the time. Its getting harder and harder to get good seeds/genetics in Australia unfortunately. And when the couple of seedbanks we have here get good seeds/genetics from reputable breeders, they are usually gone within in an hour.

Love the picture of the insect on the plant as well mate, the colors on it are amazing. Cheers.

Week 5 of flower is here for the Blueberries which reminds me - I need to give them some more worm castings. They've stretched out nicely and are definitely going to make enough seed to call this project a success.
                    Here's the group. A demand for nitrogen that wasn't there caused a number of fans to turn yellow and turn loose. I've fed them some grow nutes since.

Name:	IMG_0469.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	532599

Here's a couple of seedy buds. They are even seedier today.

Name:	IMG_0471.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	876.0 KB
ID:	532597Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0470.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	929.5 KB
ID:	532598

In other news: The Blueberry pulled from this grow is within a few weeks of chop and the Kosher Kush I pollinated with Blueberry isn't just making seeds on the branch I intended it for. The oscillating fan goes off next time I cross-pollinate on purpose.
                    Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

It is week 6 and the girls are all fed and happy and the seeds continue to swell up and make the tops super heavy.

Somehow, I missed getting their picture! I'll bet it was because of the sneezing fits from Project Murcott.

Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Week 7 in Deuxberry is here and this project is finally nearing an end. I'll feed them one last time next weekend and wait for them to flush out for chop day.

Name:	IMG_0507.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	534842

Here's a close-up of one of the expectant mothers:

Name:	IMG_0508.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	940.3 KB
ID:	534843

I'm tempted to move these girls in with Tangie so I can use this tent to veg out the next wave of feminzed photos that are crowding the nursery and even hitting a proverbial wall in their growth under a T1 panel.
                        Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

How much seed will this produce? How is it processed? Do you use any of the leftover plant after seeds are removed?
                          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                            Editing a comment
                            Me too. I think some of the dealers in my day tried to remove any seeds came with it so you'd think it was better stuff. Either that or they didn't want you growing your own.

• Ckbrew
                            Ckbrew commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I knew some that bought back seeds from people, then put them in the bag going to other people just to weigh it down.

• UndergroundFarmer
                            Editing a comment
                            That's funny. I don't miss buying that way at all. I think all the weed where they tried to get all the seeds was Skunk #1 and they didn't want competition getting those genetics so easily.

At midweek, I'm noticing fully ripe seeds peeking out from the calyx pairs at some of the nodes and also a few within the buds. I may chop this weekend. Jah knows I need this space to veg out the stuff in the nursery.
                          Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X