No announcement yet.

Project Deuxberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did indeed chop this weekend. I thought I might be too soon but ripe seeds are falling out of the buds already after one day of drying. I have about a hundred already collected.
    Before:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0535.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	536295

After:

Name:	IMG_0538.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	4.46 MB
ID:	536296

You can't really see much of the produce from this tent because they are on the top rack for the sake of easy seed collection. I can bounce the buds around then poke my finger into the mesh and all the seeds roll into that one spot. Below that is the Blueberry grown out for bud then Tangie and Kosher Kush.

So ends a project that started in May in hydro and finished in September in coco. Next project up for this tent will be my lone seed project for this next cycle. I'll be growing BC Mango for seed under the name Project Ambika!

Name:	IMG_0540.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1,018.8 KB
ID:	536297

This will be my first try using similar methods to a certain Canadian YouTuber, meaning Mango starts in 70/30 coco/perlite with 25% worm castings and DTE 3-3-3 Starter mix. Later feeds will be DTE 4-4-4 Vegetable Garden and 4-8-4 Rose & Flower mix. I might even get off my ass and make a compost tea for flowering, you never know. At least I set aside an air pump to do just such a thing, so that's something.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I am amazed at your seed work. I just received a gift ounce of skunk from another grower it was from last summer outdoor. Really a good cure, not crumbly or dry almost like it was a 3month cure. I can't wait to try it.

I spent Saturday getting the seeds out of the buds then realizing that I seriously need a seed separator.

Name:	IMG_0548.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	537857

This is the bag before Saturday! It's nearly half full but there are so many dead seeds and bits of vegetable matter in there now. It's likely that I will have a little under a thousand beans. I did sample a popcorn nug from the unpollinated Blueberry and for that reason I will likely have to get off the computer soon.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:

Comment

[QUOTE=UndergroundFarmer;n537856] "then realizing that I seriously need a seed separator."

Seed separator? lmao. have you never heard of an album cover? I would recommended a double album cover for this job. The secret is in the angle of the board and the tapping action. The 70's called, they want their stuff back. Seriously, nice job. What ya going to do with all them beans?
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I found that I could dump the stuff on a seedling tray all at one end and do about the same thing. Still, I'd like something a bit better for getting the dead seeds out of the way.

The plan is to keep the homemade beans in the fridge (along with GTH, Skunk #1, Tangie, Blueberry Kolache F1 and unintentional crosses) until needed. Then I will start 4 or 6 depending on which size tent they're going in. I get ratios of 4:1 and 5:2 female to males every time I grow regs. Maybe it's the lights. I'll just pull any males when the time comes. Or if germination rates get crappy because the seeds are getting old, I'll keep one male and let it pollinate one female to restock the seeds. I may keep an extraordinary female as a mother if I find one special enough. Blueberry is too nice not to have around so it won't be long.

Deuxberry is officially over as of today. I've composted the mortal remains of the seeded ones and even started using the bud from the one I pulled from the project. I should have pulled at least one more for sinsemilla. The smell and taste of this stuff alone is enough to justify never running out. I can see why my friend is such a fan! I hope to have homemade compost ready by the next go-round with BB so I can try using a layer of living soil in flower for the next grow. If I ever grow something the same way twice it will mean I've finally perfected my grow process. I may just be done with RDWC because the smell and frostiness of the produce from these recent coco grows is beyond what I ever got with hydro. That's OK because I'm all about getting the best quality I can from my grows now that I have a supply that won't dry up soon. It doesn't hurt that the seedlings growing a la Canuck are growing faster than I've seen.
      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X