No branches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No branches

I don't think its showing sex and no lateral branching, first time I've seen this but I'm fairley new to it, thought maybe genetics?

this is a skunk #1 autoflower (gc seeds)
    planted 4/9/2021
    started under 400 watt t5 florescent for 2 weeks 24/0 schedule
    Then cool tube 1000w + bat wing 400w mh for 2 weeks
    now cool tube 1000 + bat wing 400 hps
    Ff happy frog soil
    5 gal Air pots
    1 feeding 2 days ago .25 grams jacks blossom booster
    Plain tap water 300ppm base
    Ph 6.0
    Temp mid 70s to low 80s
    50 percent humidity
    6x5 diy panda film tent
    lights run 18/6
    sister planted same day is much smaller with lots of branching
    Also 6 zikkttles in room all seem fine

When I have a plant that wants to grow straight up with no branching I will bow the plant by tying it over to encourage secondary growth.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try

Comment

Try topping it.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I would add some bone meal to increase nodes.

Comment

Because it is an autoflowering strain and it's been growing for over a month, I wouldn't top it and risk stunting its growth even further. Try bending it over so light can get to the nodes — you could also lightly defoliate it, if they fan leaves are getting in the way. Some strains just don't like branching, but I suspect as soon as it begins flowering it'll start branching a lot.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I bent her the night I posted as suggested. It looks like she might bud just on very 5op should be able to tell in a day or two.if nothing comes of it ill try deformation, ill snap a photo soon and post it. Ill also toss in bone meal.

Comment

Comment

• azorahai
                  azorahai commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Unfortunately, the main stem is probably already too stiff to bend it further, but next time you could start low-stress training (LST) it very early in order to break its apical dominance (the main stem will grow slower so the branches can grow faster). With enough practice, you could have multiple branches at roughly the same distance from the lights which would grow similar sized colas. Couple this with enough defoliation (remove fan leaves once the branches are sufficiently developed) and lollipopping (remove lower stems which won't receive sufficient light but would still use up some of the plant's energy), and your yield could increase and harvesting would be a lot easier. Good luck!

Edit: you could try tilting the entire pot instead of trying to bend the main stem, this should help breaking the apical dominance

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X