Carbon Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Filter

Should I keep my carbon filter at the top of my tent or doesn't it really matter.

I'm thinking at the top it would dissipate heat quicker, but this time of year I can use the extra heat or again doesn't it much matter.

I dnt use a carbon filter but from wht I read you want it up high because heat rises

Comment

Yes keep it high and in the rear, you can regulate the temp with a fan speed controller, on cold nights i turn the fan down. Hope this helps, have a peaceful day!
      Perpetual setup!

Comment

Keep it High.....You can honestly control your whole grow, Lumens, Temp, RH,and SKUNK...Smell........I am piping out side and really don't care about the smell.....So I did not attach the Carbon Filter no need and less stress on the Fan.......

Comment

I have a LARGE carbon filter it sits on the floor the smell, or lack of it goes into the basement near the AC/HEATING air intake for my home!. Its bad enough putting up with me when I open the bathroom door I do not wish to add any extra aromas. (I resist change)

Comment

Carbon filter can basically go anywhere and can either be use as the start of the exhaust fan where it suck in air or at the end after the exhaust where air will be blown out of the carbon filter. It work better to suck air through the carbon rather than air pushing out due to air resistance. Better to have it the top because hot air raise and cold air sink. This way you can pull hot air out of the grow room into the main room or have a duct running to the window to push the air outside.

Mine is sitting outside the tent and air been pulling out of the grow tent into the 6" exhaust fan and then blown into the carbon filter to push air out into the room. No space in my 2x2 tent when the carbon filter is 2' long.

Comment

Mine is Covert Carbon Filter 8" x 24", 750 CFM matched to a 8 inch in line fan rated at 747CFMs over kill? maybe but the quality of the fan and its build should last long after Green retires and buys the "Ruby Shoes" big enough to last me two=three YEARS!. I live in a dry climate area and dry air makes the carbon filter work well . (or so I have been told).

Comment

Why even use a filter if you are LEGAL......KISS....Keep it simple....

Comment

• OcMaster
                  OcMaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are many reasons.
                  First off not everyone enjoy the aroma of fresh grown cannabis... (those people suck... i enjoy the stink)
                  Just the state say it is legal doesn't mean you can't get harass by the local PD, or neighbor complaining about the smell.
                  Even with the recreational use, you can still lose your job. So who would want to wear their clothes or suite after a nice harvest?
                  Too much smell overtime would take away your scent of smell to that particular smell. I love opening a jar of fresh cured cannabis, but i won't be able to enjoy it if smell it 24/7.

Originally posted by William and Sue Ashley View Post
                Why even use a filter if you are LEGAL......KISS....Keep it simple....
                That may or may not be, however my wife enjoys fresh air and finds the smell of Cannabis suffocating (each for there own I guess) . I have been told by many, that it may be a good thing to have a happy wife I do not know.

Comment

Got it brother....Guess I was just thinking set up and time, and cost..I forgot to think about the wife.....dontknownuttin...I guess.....LOL.....Peace......

Comment

OcMaster......I have been around for many years.......I am now legal and truly can't believe that in my life time it came threw....I actually stopped 10yrs ago do to the Position that I got hired for. I now am not going to worry about something that has brought me to where I am now in life......We as a state are Legal and I am very very Happy, and Stoked about this. Just my thought's...MMMMMMMM??

Comment

Thanks all, I Think I Got it figured out. Good responses!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X