Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first grow and is the beelux05 a good led to use for flowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first grow and is the beelux05 a good led to use for flowering?

My first time growing, and i must`ve done everything wrong almost, but i`m learning. I was wondering if anybody uses the beelux05 led and if they had good results in flower.or if its just me. i`m in the 3rd week of flower and the temp at canopy level is around 78 mostly and the humidity i keep 45. the light is a 1000watt led that uses 100watts and its at around 950 u/mols at the canopy with the light is about 20 inchs from the plants.the light was the cheapest thing i bought for my set up. will i see a big difference in new one ? i just harvested my first plant that was a clone of feminized gorilla breath that i acquired from my cous that so graciously gave me 4 seed of too. so i started two from seed and now they have 4 weeks of flower left, but the clone i received and just harvested was started in a 3in jiffy peet pot that was placed in a bigger pot, so i took it off and transplanted. it got to be 2 1/2 feet tall but tiny buds maybe 1/4z from the whole damn thing.i was so disappointed till i threw i tiny bud in the bong and 3 good hits later i was so high, higher than what the stuff i got from the dispensary gets me, i cant wait for it to cure. but when i pulled the root it had never grown much bigger than what it was in that jiffy pot. so i checked my other two plant and they are fine, a little brown from nutrients.the top buds on them are small airy and soft.they were starting to stack pretty good the plants are only 20 in high,thing is they sprouted jan 6 and started flowering april 14,guess i shouldve waited till after freakin -20F temps in Feb. I did my 1st cloning attempt 2 lived 2 died, it was april 1, they were a foot tall already last week, so i started LSTing them and they are under 2 18 watt led natural daylight 5000k 1600 luman bulbs and the seem fine for now. till mid july when i can put them in my tent.and make a better 2nd go, and does anyone an app called tentbuddy it has a thing called VPD, UGH

Comment

ready or not?
      Last edited by Coubob; 05-09-2021, 09:41 PM. Reason: had to upload from phone than edit on pc

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd wait if it were me. I saw clear and cloudy trichs, maybe 1-2 amber. The pistils are browning but still several whites on that bud shot. Looks healthy. No help on the lights from me, sorry.

Definitely not ready. You still have at least 2 weeks I'd say. I can't help you on the new light, but may be able to help with your current one. You're getting small buds because your light isn't strong enough. Yes they look super bright, but I can tell you from experience they don't work very good unless you have them way closer than recommended. I'd say drop them down to about 12" and see how they respond. For a new light, there's some options out there. Be prepared to spend a little more on better quality lights, but it will actually save you in the long run. A lot of people here like Mars Hydro lights (including myself) because they're pretty good quality but still at a decent price. I upgraded and couldn't be happier. I'm getting fatter, denser and frostier buds than I was before. How big is your tent?

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        dphipps1020 I want to/should upgrade a light, I blew off a Drive of Shame deal trying to afford it. My closet is 2' deep x 5' L x 8' H. I have no ducting, all I can do is replace the broken bathroom fan that vents into the attic in the closet ceiling, so heat's an issue as is size. Do you have any suggestions? I was looking at a full spectrum two-bar light that's about the same size as mine now but by the price I don't want to waste money on something inferior. Thanks!

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spider Farmer and Mars Hydro are the only LEDs I've tried so far and I like them both. I have the SF2000 for my 2x4 and it works great with little heat. I can't say anything for the Mars lights with a similar footprint, but I have no complaints about the Mars lights I do have. I think Mars has a 3x5 option, might even be cheaper than Spider Farmer.

I have a 4 x 4 x 6.6 tent, an a/c infinity 6in inline fan and filter. a hisence dehumidifier, the beelux05 led, i did drop the light to 18inchs,it said somewhere not closer than 14in. i`ll drop it down closer and see, thanks

Comment

I harvested the last bunch finally. And got me a new light a Viparspectra XS1500. I love it compared to the Beelux 05. what a HUGE difference. guess i`ll use the old one for vegging now. This new one pegs my ppfd meters meters out on my phone a little over 75% how freaking cool.if things go well i might have to get another to fill my whole 4x4 tent, i had thought about daisy chaining the beelux but i`m glad i didn`t. Anyhow got my 2 clones i did april 1st in under the new light know getting use to it, transplanted both into a 8 gallon planter, don`t know if that`ll go well, but i had been trying to train them to scrog and just lately let them up and said screw it, so there both kinda bent and curvy wanting to go around the planter counter clockwise,guess that`ll have to work on this next grow, How long do you let clones go for in veg before sending the to flower does it matter as much as it would with one from seed? I was just wondering cause i think i remember putting off flower for this last clone to let the others catch up a bit and it seems like flower didnt last long for the clone, something i did?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X