Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bright tips and splotches on some of the leaves. Maybe too much light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bright tips and splotches on some of the leaves. Maybe too much light?

Is this normal or is there something wrong here? Repotted them into their final pots a week ago and started seeing growth shortly after. Haven’t started giving any nutes yet. PH is always 6.5 or slightly under when I water them.

using a Mars hydro ts1000W at 75% brightness and I keep it about 20” from the tops of the plants.
    Last edited by Fiction; 05-09-2021, 07:08 PM.
    INDOOR - SOIL- LED

First grow ever. No experience with growing any type of plants.

Fox Farm Ocean Floor soil and Fox Farm trio for nutes.
    MarsHydro TS 1000W
    AC Infinity tent 36” x 20” x 62”. Passive intake with a 190 CFM exhaust
    Visual of my setup

It's normal. Don't worry about nutrients, your soil has enough for a while still. Actually, it looks like the tips of your leaves are burned a little bit so the soil is a little hot for them right now. Don't worry though, they'll grow into it and be just fine. Hope that eases your mind.

Comment

• Fiction
      Fiction commented
      Editing a comment
      It does, thank you.

Yep what dphipps tells ya is truth. Just a tad overdone with N and let that soil get depleated of it's goodies for few weeks you'll be able to tell then start giving lower dose of food at first. Welcome to the grow Fiction just water for now.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Fiction
      Fiction commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I appreciate it. If this is slight nutrient burn from my soil do you think I should wait a little bit to top them? Their 6th node has grown in now and I was going to top between 5 and 6 today or tomorrow. I just want to avoid stressing them out too much

No they look healthy so go ahead top. I like to water right after also when i do topping or training i give them a drink if it's time for them to get water? I time it as such with training go ahead move forward with them.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Fiction
      Fiction commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect. They will be ready for some water tomorrow so I’ll top them then. Thanks again!

Welcome@Fiction

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

I'm going to go against the more experienced growers who already answered you and offer an alternative explanation. This looks exactly like what my Magnum autoflowering strain went through, which was light bleaching from the LEDs being too close to the plant. Check my original (and first) post here for some pictures. My lights were significantly less potent than yours, so for a 1000W light perhaps 20 inches is a bit too close. You could try raising them a bit before changing your feeding schedule to see if that helps or not.
      As an additional comment, I've found — as lalaland mentioned in my original post — that flowering plants can handle being a lot closer to the LED lights than vegetating plants.

Comment

• Fiction
        Fiction commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that does look very similar. And I was having issues with low humidity for a few days before that started. I’ll raise up the light a bit and see if that helps. Thank you

they look fine. Make sure your PH test is fairly accurate because growing in super soil can be tricky. remember that soil takes longer to dry out so under optimal heat and humidity, they should be watered every 3-4 days and every other watering should be a good flush with just properly PH'd water. Remember to check PH after you mix nutrients in the water.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X