Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using gibberalic acid to assist with germination!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using gibberalic acid to assist with germination!

I wish I'd known about this trick before I tried to get Cindy 99 beans to pop. I'm guessing GA might be one of the secret ingredients in rapid rooters too.

VaderVision Video Content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. Please view responsibly. Wanna support us on a whole othe...
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Heard great things. Bought it from China but never arrived. Hard to import mysterious powders I guess.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      It's available in other forms. I had a bottle of some stuff called MegaGro growth stimulator (meant for vegetable growers) that I inherited from a former weed grower. I was checking it out a few weeks ago after not paying any attention to it for a few years and noticed that the only active ingredient was GA! It may be cheaper to look for products like that. I believe I've seen it available in bottles at grow shops around here too.

I've never heard of this stuff before but a quick search I found it on ebay. I'm going to do some research on it before buying it but I'll post my results if I end up getting it

Edit= this one is supposed to be made in the US and has free shipping

Shop great deals on Other Hydroponic Supplies. Get outdoors for some landscaping or spruce up your garden! Shop a huge online selection at eBay.com. Fast & Free shipping on many items!
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

One tip, dont use it on fresh seed, it MAY help with old seed but can kill fresh seed.
      It is used on things like those huge strawberries at the market.
      It was tried as a bud enlarger but caused hermies.
      I have tried it to make seed with, no joy, maybe I did something wrong.
      Chlorine or H2O2 can help with germination, some say it only kill the bad things on the outside others say it does something to the inside and causes germination.
      Good Luck!.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I've hit my grow books and learned that fresh seed like my GTH needs to be kept cold for at least a few weeks to make them go dormant. And yes, GA is a chemical that can be sprayed on female plants to force them to make pollen for feminized seeds. GA is also good for forcing seedlings to become males too.

gibberlic acid is also used to reverse female plants, would it be safe to use during flowering?

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        Editing a comment
        Not unless you're making feminized seed.

Yep, GA3 does work! I bought a packet on AMZ and used it successfully to germinate some old OG Kush seeds that nothing else worked on. I don't have my notes here but I think I used the 100ppm dilution. You need to dissolve the powder in a few drops of alcohol before diluting with water.

Haven't tried it yet for forcing female plants to create seeds but they say it works the same as colloidal silver but isn't as toxic. Buyer beware of smoking buds that have been treated with GA3.

The little packet I bought is a lifetime supply. Comes with dilution instructions and a little measuring spoon.
      Last edited by grouchyoldman; 05-10-2021, 11:17 AM.
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X