guard duty hazards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guard duty hazards

My big baby got snake bit last evening on property patrol. He was out doing his evening rounds of the property and he came back snake bit. Fang marks about 2" apart so snake probably about 5- 6 feet long Diamondback. Thought he was snake trained but he prbly never seen one so big. He spent the night at doggie hospital and hope to return today. Two courses of anti venim so far and hope not another. This is gonna be $$$$$ !!!. He is worth every penny. He is a member of the family and also patrols the 10 acres with his sister.

Aww poor buddy. Guessing you are out in AZ or near by, my uncle lives over by south mountain and he sees those rattlers all the time. They give a nasty bite, hope he is back out on his rounds with a big smile on his face soon. Fully agree he is worth the money it will cost!
    - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
    - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
    - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
    - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
    - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
    - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
    - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
    - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
    - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      In the hills S.E. of Tucson.

Sorry to hear that desertdan man i do fear for my dogs when we take them on desert trips, shoot i'm always looking down and listening.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My German Shepard was bitten on the end of his nose by a copper head a couple years ago. He’s way tougher than I am

Comment

Poor guy! They are definitely worth every penny. Couldn't imagine my house without my pups! Hope he recovers quickly!
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I had my girl with me on a fishing trip, she got between a snake and my brother and took the hit. We had walked in and no way to get help, damn good thing dogs are tough! It wasn't a ratler, we did catch it on a limb line, so she had snake for breakfast.
          I hope all goes well and he gets to come home soon.

Comment

Update. Vet called and said he needs 2nd course antivenom still hope to get him back today. Vet said he is a very sweet and happy dog in spite of what he is going through. Thank you all.

Comment

Good to hear he should still be coming home today he sounds like a very good dog. One of the best dogs I ever had was like that, one time she had slipped while playing lifeguard around the pool and the flagstone ripped a huge gash in her inner thigh that exposed muscle tissue and she never even whimpered, just sat there wagging her tail (in her case it was more like wagging the entire back half of her body) and lookin at everyone with her big, dopey, happy face.
              - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
              - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
              - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
              - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
              - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
              - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
              - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
              - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
              - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Comment

Sorry to hear, that is awful. I thought I had it bad with my dopey buddy getting sprayed by a skunk twice in the same summer but snake bite sounds terrible.

Comment

We went and picked him up last night about 8. His face is so swollen he does not look same dog. Snake bit him on the nose. Pain must be horrible. Snake must be huge from looks of bite. I will go and look for it again this morning. If I find it I will cook it for his dinner. Has to were cone for a few days. Has to eat human food or something like Fresh Pet for about a week. Poor guy only bright spot for him,

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Poor guy i sure hope his swelling and breathing through his nose lessons. I'm sending hime a big nose lick from our 2 dogs and tail wags

So glad to hear your bud is doing better. When we first moved out of town on 10 acres, our mastiff was bitten by a pygmy rattlesnake and a week later a 5 ft copperhead got her in the face. Next weekend started hunting snakes. Two days,13 copperheads and 6 pygmys fried in the firepit. Kill them bitches.
                  DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
                  TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
                  Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
                  10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
                  50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
                  8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
                  2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
                  w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
                  2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
                  2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
                  GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
                  Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
                  . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
                  Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Great, brave, strong, fearless dog!!!!!!
                    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X