Newbie question-reuse of fabric pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question-reuse of fabric pot

Just pulled a plant out of a Smart Pot (fabric pot). Dumped the old dirt in the compost pile in the back yard. Do I just brush it out with my hand to use again? Or is there some crazy MoJo going on where I should hose it out and clean it up a bit better?

Better to ask (and have ya laugh at me... I can't see your face-laugh all you want) then do it wrong (is there a wrong and right???).

Happy growing!
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

I soak mine in bleach before reuse. It will kill any insect eggs or larvae that might be left in pot.

Comment

I don’t I don’t really do anything between uses but I should. Every few months I’ll do a chlorine soak like Dan. At least a good rinse to remove the crap that accumulates at the bottom should be done. To keep things super clean
      Last edited by 9fingerleafs; 05-09-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I only soak them in a soapy/bleach bucket after i see green alge starting to form on them otherwise i just shake them out.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I rinse mine out with garden hose and throw them in the washing machine with laundry detergent ( alone of course)

Comment

I used to do what Hammer does and wash them in the laundry machine after every grow but now I shake them a bit and reuse. Figure if I had a good grow with no issues there isn’t anything lingering to worry about

Comment

I just rinse them out with a hose and dry them under the sun.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                me too

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah even when I do nothing between uses I usually let sun dry for a couple of days. Bacteria and fungi die

Actually I’ve never seen anybody here laugh at someone else for asking an honest question. Pretty great group of people around here.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X