What is this.. Autoflower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this.. Autoflower

As usual This issue seems to be something nobody but me has ever had.. I have put it on other places and have had others look at it.. Nobody yet has ever seen anything like it and it is not close to anything in GWE's plant issues area..

Auto grow.. outdoor grow tent.. 7 gallon cloth pots.. filtered water. soil is.. 2 1/2 gallons organic compost mixed with 1 pound of Natures Living Soil...Top is 4 1/2 gallons of mixture of Ocean's Forest soil and Happy Frog soil.. I have several Autoflower plants going started in differing intervals.... All plants so far are showing same symptoms from the time they are about 2 inches tall to full growth.. I have 4 plants at 30 inches tall but the issue seems to be killing them as they start to bud.... I am sure it is a soil issue but I need to figure out what it is as I have a lot of money and resources tied up in this years grow and truly if it is the soil I am probably done for the year... Plus I have my photo periods just starting in same soil although nothing showing on them on this issue yet (about 6 - 8 inches tall) Thanks..
    Attached Files

if you don't have bugs(russet mites) and haven't had any big environmental changes you could be looking at fungal, I see some white spots on the leaves. I can't give you a for sure at this point and would like to know a little more about humidity/temp and watering practice to narrow it down.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

It looks like mosiac virus. It can be spread by bugs in an outdoor grow.
      2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
      2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
      2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
      2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

Looks like it could be nitrogen toxicity but I've also seen similar issues due to russet mites.

Comment

Well I hope not the mites.. If they are there it was fast.. brand new tent.. new pots.. new bagged soil except for the compost.. I think the white on the leaves you are seeing is from the insecticide soap I applied and did not get completely rinsed back off..
          Temps are running low 50's to high 60's right now with some dampness in the air at night.. watering is manually as needed to each induvial plant .. water is filtered. (not RO). Thanks for chiming in..
          Also on the soap.. Last year at end of season I wound up with spider mites.. this year I decided to be proactive and from the time they get up 4 or 5 inches I have been treating with a couple different insecticide soaps about every 4 or 5 days.. I put it on in the evening and then rinse it off the next morning...
          Last edited by faller49; 05-07-2021, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Try a 2 or 3 day spray cycle, eggs may hatch in that 4-5 days, grow up and lay more.

I think you have answered your question. your Temps are really low and sound as if your humidity is really high, I have seen this kind of deformity on over watered plants in a high humidity environment but not to this extreme. on top of that you are spraying soapy oils at night and rinsing in the a.m. not allowing your plants to transpire properly.

My best advice is to check the plants for bug with a lope, if you have no bugs stop spraying proactively, spidermites are the cockroach the cannabis community, I feel your pain and fear but being proactive to an extreme can cause big problems as well. wipe off all white spots and check your plants in a week for more to eliminate WPM as a suspect, if you can get the Temps up to 60f minimum 70ish f ideally then vent that tent with fresh air as well. I don't think its bugs but check and its definitely not Mosiac viruse as there is no discoloured variegation or in simple terms two tone leaves.

how much water are you giving them 7 gallon pots and how Frequently?
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks I like some of your comments but on the temp .. I have been growing in same temps for 4 years now along with many others in my area doing outdoor grows... it is where we live.. I did pull some leaves last night and with a 60 power loop i cannot see any sign of any bugs.. I have got where i can spot spider mites pretty good so i concentrated on looking for the other littler bugs but so far am finding nothing.. I think on the autoflowers we have decided to let the13 plants we have going at varying stages of growth just do what they are going to do.. and give up on them and stick to photo periods.. LOL.. of course it had to be this way as I went all in and have over 30 seeds to find a new home for.. Hoping the photo period ones do not come up with same problem.. Just drives me nuts.. I put many times the money and time and learning into this as my 2 closest neighbors and they just stick them in a pot in dirt and water every few days and their plants are twice what mine are and very good looking.. One of them just leaves her 4 pots outside in all the elements and has plants to die for every year... Time to rethink.

Watering is random.. Using cloth pots on warmer days they use more and evaporation takes more.. on the cooler days evaporation does not enter in to it as much.. I have a moisture meter and when it says it is getting dry I add usually a gallon of water

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X