Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I manipulate when they’re ready to harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I manipulate when they’re ready to harvest?

Is there any good way to either shorten or lengthen the amount of time until harvest? I have two OG Kush autos (see full grow details below) and, though their ages are only 5 days apart, they seem like they are developing at an even greater time distance from each other. I’m afraid of having to harvest either when the older one is much more mature than I would like, or when the younger one is not quite ready to chop. Is there anything I can do to either hold the older one off for extra time, or hurry the younger one up?

Full details:

2 x OG Kush autos from Nirvana, indoors in a 4x4 tent
    Age: 43 days since seeds popped, but budlets are still small and they haven’t been flowering very long, maybe a couple weeks
    Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest with Nature’s Living Soil and perlite (“Living Soil” approach, not “Super Soil” approach)
    Fed only water, a mix of spring and filtered drinking water that comes out at roughly 6.5 pH (I feed only water since I’m using living soil)
    Light: Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 600 (615 watts from wall)
    Temperature: Low 70s during lights off, low 80s with lights on
    Humidity: Upper 40s with lights off, low to mid 40s with lights on
    Ventilation: 8” system with 710 CFM fan pulling through two separate large carbon filters (one tail end and one inline) through very long duct work, resulting in a nice breeze coming out in an adjacent room, and tent walls sucking in decently but not extremely hard
    Small Vornado air circulator inside tent, blowing 24/7 on low, pointed slightly down to not be directly on leaves
    Vornado oscillating tower fan blowjng softly across the full height of the plants for roughly 12 hours per day, staggered 6 on, 6 off, 6 on, 6 off

Simple answer Rik, harvest individually when each is ready. I don't know of any way to speed them up but be sure to share if you find one, lol.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d like to avoid that because I don’t have a good place to put the one I harvest first. I dry in the same tent that I grow. Someone once suggested putting them in a cardboard box until I harvest the second one, but I have concerns about smell, air flow, temp/humidity, and pests/bugs if they’re not in the tent.

Also, I figured that there isn’t really a way to hurry the harvest up, but figured I might be able to slow it down, maybe my stunting it or something.
      Last edited by Rik; 05-06-2021, 11:16 AM.

Can you not hang the first in the tent while the other finishes?
    Or harvest the one a couple days late and the other a few days early?
    They also have at least 40-45 days to go and they may even up by then!
    Last edited by Catfish22; 05-06-2021, 12:31 PM.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Catfish22 for that suggestion. I guess I never even considered drying one while the other finishes… is it okay for the drying bud to be exposed to the grow light? I guess I just assumed it needed darkness?

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure about that, also, while I was watering today I was reminded how much temp difference there is above the lights. Watch out no circulating or light cooling fans are blowing directly at the buds!

Just check that temp where the buds are actually hanging. I did try to keep mine in the dark while drying but they had indirect sunlight during the day.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't recommend drying in a tent where the lights will be on, it supposedly will degrade the THC. Do you have a closet you can hang the first one in? That's what I do with mine. Yeah it smells, but no worse than when I smoke weed (which is all the time).

Rik Hang something to block direct light. aA little bit of light is fine but you definitely do not want direct grow light to be on your drying weed.

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what I figured. Still got some thinking to do on this. Thanks for the suggestion Smokesteve

Also might try posting in the sticky section under cannabis grow questions and ask NebulaHaze . I think she drys in her tent, at least you would have another view point.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X