• Show
Clear All

Chip Off the Old Block

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dwaf Contrast.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	512956
    My dwarf prodigy is really starting to take after her mother. The original larger leaves are giving way to smaller ones as it grows out. In the photo I am trying to show the contrast between a normal OG Kush leaf so you could get some perspective. Last week I took two cuttings and have them under the dome hoping they will take. So far, so good. For the time being there will be no training as I'm not looking for yield but hope to just use her as a mother plant although mom produced some very acceptable thumb sized sticky buds last year. I'm really doing some head scratching about what to pollinate the clones with or for that matter where I'll get the pollen from. A good game plan may be to go the colloidal silver route and try and produce some feminized seeds. (I've had poor luck in one past attempt) I wouldn't be worried about making seeds if the cloning works out but my fear is that cloned plants won't have the same bonsai qualities as a seed plant because the main stem trunk grows like a gnarled old oak. It's nice having something different to hold my attention rather than the same old same old.

Very Kool indeed!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I admit I don't fully understand. What makes that plant a "dwarf prodigy"? Are its genes dwarf plant genes? Why did you pick this as a Mother plant? I tried colloidal silver once, no luck. But I do let some plants go way too long in flower and they produce female seeds on their own - not a lot, but a few. If your clones take why do you want seeds from the Mom?

Jeez, I just realized I don't understand much at all and being dumb is painful at times.

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        PeterMatanzas it's okay to not understand. Most folks don't that don't follow Bonsai. Among Bonsai growers having a plant that is diminutive but in perfect proportion to a normal sized plant is the Holy Grail. There has been a lot of controversy among Bonsai growers that cannabis makes very poor Bonsai because the leaves are not in proportion to the stalk and branches of a miniature plant. Another reason I get excited about this particular plant is that it has a certain amount of stealth because it doesn't get over 16-18 inches tall and blends into any patio garden. I showed last years plant to a number of people who had to do a double take before they could see it was marijuana. I have seen some photos of really good cannabis Bonsai plants but they are as rare as hen's teeth. I think it would be cool to be able to share seeds with folks who enjoy Bonsai or just want the aspect of stealth in their grow. It's also a bonus that it seems to produce some very decent product. Under proper lighting periods they can be grown indefinitely without flowering or budding. I've been growing for a really long time so it's fun to have something that is out of the ordinary to draw my attention. I have a number of FreakShow plants going this year for the first time and I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes. Last year's plant came from a random bag seed, so I have absolutely no idea of its genetics but I'm determined to perpetuate it.

Name:	bonsai-weed-tree.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	512996
      This is what a Bonsai craftsperson can do with the right plant.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        yes I've seen them on IG. One name I think is "Silky Smooth" who does bonzai, there's another I cant think of her name. It's a fascinating project, building a bonzai cannabis plant.

Here's Silky Smooth's work

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	113
Size:	596.4 KB
ID:	513009

Comment

Here's another IG account. This is a lot of work. I participated in a solo cup grow and *that* was too much work. It's really amazing what these people do.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	121
Size:	539.2 KB
ID:	513012

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X