Bubblegum - from birth to Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubblegum - from birth to Harvest

From birth to harvest - Got 4.08 ounces. Buds were airy but initial "smoke test" was very good!

Click image for larger version  Name:	bg.jpg Views:	4 Size:	675.2 KB ID:	512878Click image for larger version  Name:	tray of Bubblegum.JPG Views:	4 Size:	495.7 KB ID:	512879
    Last edited by Sledrock; 05-04-2021, 09:13 AM.
    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
    6" Oscilatting Fan
    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Did your plant look like that when you chopped it down? If so, you chopped a few weeks early. Hard to tell with the blurple lights, but it looks like there was still a lot of white pistils. That would be the main factor for the light, fluffy buds because they gain a lot of weight the last few weeks. Just an observation. Congratulations on your first harvest though, 4 oz is pretty good for one plant.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bubblegum.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	512882
      6" Oscilatting Fan

Comment

Didn't see any birth or anything else but the end
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
          Did your plant look like that when you chopped it down? If so, you chopped a few weeks early. Hard to tell with the blurple lights, but it looks like there was still a lot of white pistils. That would be the main factor for the light, fluffy buds because they gain a lot of weight the last few weeks. Just an observation. Congratulations on your first harvest though, 4 oz is pretty good for one plant.
          Thanks Canuck147 The "Flowering Time" is supposed to be 8-10 weeks (so say multiple websites, as well as the breeder.) Perhaps you are correct (I harvested too early) but I saw things differently: I saw most of the Pistols curled in and the trics were a good week into cloudy status (I started flushing then, while watching for more amber trics (I had a couple) . I flushed it 4 times, and it was 12 weeks into flower
          when I chopped it. I may have been too hasty in chopping as you say. This is my 4th grow and I learn/try to improve every time. I'm happy to get 4 ounces out of this grow. Looks like the topping and heavy/consistent LSTing paid off?

SHIT!, I now see what you mean about white pistols- that's not when I harvested, that's just a pic to show off all the Bud Sites!
          Last edited by Sledrock; 05-04-2021, 02:56 PM.
          6" Oscilatting Fan

Comment

Flushing turns out to be a waste of time we're all discovering. Four oz of flower - it's impossible to guess the dry weight though. I've seen studies that show 25-75% weight loss after drying, certainly a wide range to guess within. My experience is 60-75% weight loss.

I've never grown bubble gum, I wanted to get BOG's bubble gum but after he died last year all of his stock was sold out everywhere. I do have a BOG Sour Bubble cross with a DJ Short blueberry. I forget the strain name and also don't remember if that's a DJ Short cross or his son, JD Short's cross.

Trying to remember - guessing it was 20 years ago I was last in Amsterdam and tried bubble gum. The flower surprised me, it was excellent. Most of the weed I smoked in Amsterdam wasn't cured worth a damn.

Comment

Trying to remember - guessing it was 20 years ago I was last in Amsterdam and tried bubble gum. The flower surprised me, it was excellent. Most of the weed I smoked in Amsterdam wasn't cured worth a damn. [/QUOTE]

I was pleasantly surprised how excellent the high was with this Bubblegum, even after a 2 week cure. I don't normally smoke my weed after only a 2 week cure, I usually wait a full 4 weeks but I was completely
              out of smoke
              6" Oscilatting Fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I do the same Sledrock out of weed, and i don't want to pay $20 for 2 doobies ( grams ) and that's cheap from what others have said.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X