No announcement yet.

Another Newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn’t happy with the single KingLED1000 light for the entire tent, and thought that when these go to 12/12 and hit the stretch, that single light might not be enough. Problem solved.. bought another! I think the lighting should be set now for all three plants the rest of the way.... and to think initially thought 4 CFLs were going to do the trick.... I thought also got another in-line fan... have a 6” with an 18” filter exhausting, but have now added a small 4” as an inlet, stealing some a/c from the vent to keep things cool... starting to almost feel like I know what I’m doing here! Now if I can just keep the canopy even for another few weeks so I can hit the 12/12 about right...
    Current Project - 1 Kali Mist (Kali), 1 Northern Lights (Jeaneau) and 1 Pineapple Express (Pennsyltucky)
    Growing all in CocoCoir (2/3 CoCo:1/3 Perlite)
    Dyna Grow and Bloom Nutrients with CalMag in 6.0pH
    Tent 1 - 4x4x6' with 1 Viparspectra XS4000
    Tent 2 - 2x4x5' with 2 each KingLED 1000 (growing Ghost Peppers! 🌶)
    6x18" Filter w/ 6" 390CFM fan to exhaust, 4" 190CFM Inlet
    Typical Temps 72-82F, RH 20-35%

Comment

Made the switch to 12/12 starting today.... let the games begin! With a 60" tent, just a little nervous about the potential growth and consequences of LED lights being too close, so thought we should get to it... will bend and limit height as best as I can.... a few things learned already in these past 6 weeks; 1) don't mix sativa and indica in the same grow... 2) use the same pots for all plants in the tent, vs one large, one small, etc. Will use 3gal fabric pots for the next cycle.... 3) Get a taller tent. I think I have done fairly well with the training/shaping...like quick-growing bonsai! Now let's see what the next 8-10 weeks brings...

A question for the Pros.... have been using Dyna Gro for the Veg stage with Cal/Mag... will now switch to the Dyna Bloom... but should I continue with the Cal/Mag in this stage as well? would think so, and Will search through the tutorials again, but looking for advice here....
      Current Project - 1 Kali Mist (Kali), 1 Northern Lights (Jeaneau) and 1 Pineapple Express (Pennsyltucky)

Comment

Just some grow pics to commemorate 12/12 Day!

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking real good @VBBassBlue
          You're doing great. Good idea to list "lessons learned" every once in a while...I do the same. I do not think any of your listed "lessons learned" will cause this grow much trouble. I think that you're going to do very well. My opinion is to keep up with the Cal/Mag during flowering but I am not familiar with the Dyna stuff.

• VBBassBlue
          VBBassBlue commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you much, Jeff JeffInCanada . Always appreciate your good words... a newb like me always appreciates hearing that they're doing OK from someone who knows what they're doing, so I appreciate it! Very curious to see what happens in these next 8-10 weeks. And I'll be keeping the CalMag going with the Bloom, I think... of course, if everything turns crazy yellows or something, I'll re-evaluate...

Pic from today... 5 days after 12/12... and really starting to stretch... trying to keep them even under the lights is a time-consuming task, but I kinda dig it.
        Starting to look at bowl trimmers, even though we're still a good 8-9 weeks away from that I think... trying to leave them alone (vs trimming) for another two weeks (trim at week 3 after shift per tutorial)..that's harder than I thought!

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good in there! Someone just posted about a bowl trimmer...Keep up the good work.

I can't tell if these are actually pistils, or if they're just soon-to-be leaves...About a week and a few days into 12/12.... I swear the girls are growing an inch a day! This is when it gets exciting, I think!

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          I know what you mean about pistils or new thin leaves at the bud sites...I wonder the same most grows when waiting for flowers. Yours look like just leaves though...so far. Do you see any preflowers hairs down by the nodes, near the main stem?

• VBBassBlue
          VBBassBlue commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jeff JeffInCanada .... I see some wispy hairs at the nodes, but they've been there for weeks.... I'll take another look tomorrow to look a little more closely. Will be going out of town for a few days, and can't wait to see the difference those few days make at the current growth rate...

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Good news on the whispy hairs....I bet you'll see some at the bud sites by the time you get back.

Yup... JeffInCanada ....definitely wispy thingys! You have to pinch the pic a bit to see it, but definitely there. On both Blueberries and Marjorie as well... can’t wait to see what develops by the time I get back...

Comment

Came back from the trip a day earlier than expected, but the difference between Thursday morning to Sunday morning is mind-blowing to me... Thursday morning, the tallest cola on Bella was at 23"... Sunday morning, that same cola is 27".... this is fun too watch! Also looking more like what I was expecting at this point....

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Good news for you and they look healthy and thriving thanks to your good care. Welcome to your new hobby glad your enjoying the grow.

• VBBassBlue
            VBBassBlue commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, SoOrbudgal .... I appreciate the good words... and yes, I'm enjoying this immensely... now prepping for the next phase...was at a flea market yesterday and saw (and purchased) gummy molds... it's Destiny, I tell ya...

LOL same here in the beginning learning indoor growing i saw only " how to use these things for growing weed, every store or garage sale" Now i don't shop much for trinkets. VBBassBlue
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yup... no doubt... JeffInCanada and i were talking about new leaf vs pistils.... he was right: those were new leaves. These are pistils... now i know/see the difference!
            Attached Files

Comment

• JeffInCanada
              JeffInCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              A glorious sight! (Sexy whistle sound) Tent is looking nniiccee!

• VBBassBlue
              VBBassBlue commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, JeffInCanada. .. It's starting to look like I thought it should!! Will do the "3 weeks after 12/12" defoliation this weekend to make things a bit more tidy and get the plants to concentrate on what they should be working on.... have a handheld wifi/usb microscope coming this week so that I can start searching for trichomes and a 19" bowl trimmer on the way as well for that "special" day! And frankly, hoping the stretch is over, as they're getting dangerously close to the "but I can't get the lights any higher" stage....definitely need a taller tent...

The girls were looking a bit on the bushy side, so decided to go ahead and do the “3weeks after 12/12” defoliation as recommended by the main site... tried to err on the side of caution, leaving enough fan leaves to support the growth of the plants... killed me to chop some small, low interior bud sites, but followed Nebula’s guidance as well as i could... I think they turned out well... now will leave them alone for the most part so they can develop some monster nugs....heh....

Comment

The good stuff has begun!

Comment

I’m assuming that as this grows over the next month or two, the bud sites up and down the length of this cola will merge and become a single’ish bud?

Comment

• JeffInCanada
                  JeffInCanada commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There'll be some of that going on...usually the main top cola buds do that, the ones that are close together. Others will fatten up and stay single, like Marge's sisters on the Simpsons Another Margorie LOL.

• VBBassBlue
                  VBBassBlue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JeffInCanada .... Yep.. I see what you did there...🤣🤣

Today’s wake up pics... the blueberry buds are starting to take in that shape i was looking for... according to the info i’ve seen, they should be 7-8 weeks in flower... Marjorie is supposed to be 10-12 weeks... I’m starting to be able to see it...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Those are looking great i switched my nutes back to DynaGrow & Bloom i've used it for years but living on a well with good water lots of minerals i've not needed to add much calmag. I've never had burn or Ph issues much with using it correctly. Your temps are looking spot on

• VBBassBlue
                  VBBassBlue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, SoOrbudgal ... the Dyna grow/bloom seems to be working for me in this environment with these strains... did 5ml/gal Grow and 5 ml/gal CalMag during veg, and shifted to 10ml bloom (after seeing pistils as you recommended to someone else in another thread) with 5ml/gal CalMag.... just shifted now to 5ml/gal Bloom with same CalMag, and will halve that around 17 July.... then a few weeks of flush, and hopefully have some good results!

The girls are looking good today. Beatrix and Bella are budding up much faster than Marjorie, so will adjust the nutes accordingly...

Standing tall and proud! And legal!
                Last edited by VBBassBlue; 07-03-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

The girls are getting Thicc....😆

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X