Another Newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Newb!

Greetings, All... just another newbie first-timer getting started here. Weeks worth of research here on GWE, and lots of shopping completed, and I believe I have a relatively good start. Started 1 Blue Dream photo, and a Blueberry photo... Have them in a 24"x48"x58" tent, a 6"x18" charcoal filter with a 6" inline fan ducted to the outside of the tent. All growing in coco coir, and using Dyna Gro nutes in 6.0 pH water... lighting is (currently) 2 each 100W CFLs, with ability to increase to 4 each once they get a little further along the growth stage. Lighting set to 18/6 right now... I love a good process!!
    Here's hoping all goes well, and would certainly welcome any advice or comments on the setup from those who have been around the block a time or two...
    Photo (if I get it loaded right) is BlueDream (her name is Marjorie) 1 week after wetting the seeds...
    Cheers!

Looking good so far VBBassBlue Welcome! I'm sure that you have some holes in the bottom of the starter cups. What pots will you be transpotting to? I like it that you have named your plant. Marjorie is a great name
    Current Grow: Jack 47 Auto
    Past Grows: La Bella Afrodita
    I like weed and science.

Comment

Welcome and looking good so far. I’d imagine you’ll want to invest in lights soon.
      Current Grow:
      2x Blue Dream Autos
      Coco + Perlite mix
      GH trio + CalMag, Floralicious, KoolBloom
      2x4x5 tent, SF1000 LED + Viparspectra PAR450

Comment

Welcome to GWE.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• VBBassBlue
          VBBassBlue commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

Originally posted by JeffInCanada View Post
        Looking good so far VBBassBlue Welcome! I'm sure that you have some holes in the bottom of the starter cups. What pots will you be transpotting to? I like it that you have named your plant. Marjorie is a great name
        JeffInCanada Thanks! I do have drain holes in the solo cups... looking to re-plant possibly into a round 3 gal planter filled with coco, but have also been contemplating a rectangular container approx 6" deep, by 6" wide, by 24" long....reasoning is that if I top her young and then run the two subsequent colas out the length of the pot and then lay those two colas down horizontally (LST?) I have something to tie down to....normally I wouldn't believe 6"x6" would be enough root area, but with the 24" length I'm thinking it gives roots enough space to grow... any thoughts?Thanks,
        Last edited by VBBassBlue; 05-04-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure about the 6 inch deep pot that is 24 inches long. It may work just fine. Try both, put one plant in a 3gal and the other in the "long pot". See what they do.

Originally posted by Earlygrower View Post
        Welcome and looking good so far. I’d imagine you’ll want to invest in lights soon.
        Thank you, Earlygrower. I have my eye on a 1000 LED... do you believe that's enough for two plants, or should I look into either the 2000, or maybe just 2 each 1000's daisy chained for correct spacing?
        Last edited by VBBassBlue; 05-04-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Earlygrower
          Earlygrower commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a 2x4 tent as well with a sf1000 and a viparspectra p450 LED. I was being cheap with lights at first and am already looking to replace these.

When you say 1000 LED, you need to look what it actually pulls from the wall. My SF1000 pulls about 100 watts only.

FYI- I typically grow 3 plants in the 2x4. The 2x LEDs work but I will upgrade soon.

Welcome ! Bienvenue ! Bienvenido to the family !
        Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, KingLed 2000,KingLed 1500
        Pro-Mix organic, perlite
        4 Kali China, 6 Mazar Kush, 11 Kali 47

And trying to grow Mexican landraces in the Yucatan. Well why not eh !!

Comment

Cool beans welcome to kindergarden LOL
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Just a quick update.. shifted from the 2 CFLs to a KingLED 1000 sitting about 18” from the top... she looks happy, I think!

Comment

• JeffInCanada
              JeffInCanada commented
              Editing a comment
              That's an upgrade Good luck.

More or less as a journal for my first grow, Marjorie at 2 weeks and 1 day after poking her head out of the Jiffy pod. KingLED 1000 at 22", feeding DynaGro at 1/2 strength and a CalMag at 1tsp/gal. The two Blueberries are slow germinating/moving, but starting to come alive. Feeding BBs 1/4 strength DynaGrow until a few more leaf sets arrive...Planning to manifold Marjorie (per Nebula's method), quadline Blueberry 1, and top/LST Blueberry II to experience the different methods..... Using coco coir (2/3 to 1/3 perlite). At this point, feeding every other day. Lux meter coming in 2 days to ensure correct lighting being transferred at the leaf level.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X