What is causing these leaf spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What is causing these leaf spots?

Hey guys. Does anybody have an idea what is causing these spots on my leaves? These are OG Kush autos grown in FFOF/Nature’s Living Soil. The full details of this grow are below. Should I add some more Nature’s Living Soil as a top dressing to top up on nutes? Thanks for any suggestions!

Full details:

2 x OG Kush autos from Nirvana, indoors in a 4x4 tent
    Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest with Nature’s Living Soil and perlite (“Living Soil” approach, not “Super Soil” approach)
    Fed only water, a mix of spring and filtered drinking water that comes out at roughly 6.5 pH (I feed only water since I’m using living soil)
    Light: Black Dog PhytoMAX-2 600 (615 watts from wall)
    Temperature: Low 70s during lights off, mid 70s with lights on
    Humidity: Upper 40s with lights off, low to mid 40s with lights on
    Ventilation: 8” system with 710 CFM fan pulling through two separate large carbon filters (one tail end and one inline) through very long duct work, resulting in a nice breeze coming out in an adjacent room, and tent walls sucking in decently but not extremely hard
    Small Vornado air circulator inside tent, blowing 24/7 on low, pointed slightly down to not be directly on leaves
    Attached Files

It looks like a calcium deficiency.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Nutrient lockout - you're not adjusting the pH of the water. Even though you're not adding nutes - plant can't absorb the nutes in the soil if the pH is not between 5.5 - 6.5
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree with Canuck147. Not allowing plants to dry , mixed medium may of been to much juju during transplant on their roots. Now lockout.

OG Kush is a notorious calcium/magnesium whore, I have 4 OG's going now so I've been adding lots of dark greens, legumes, and grains to my worm compost bin incase they show signs of deficiency.

Comment

I see PH problems/root issues
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I’ll check again but my water usually comes out right at around 6.5, so I’m not sure what I can do about improving pH. What should I do to remedy the situation? Let it go longer to totally dry out? Add an organic cal-mag (is this okay with an organic Living Soil grow)? Something/anything else? Thanks for teaching me!

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Buy a meter to check your pH.

When I used living soil I picked up and used Roots Organic calcium additive. Seemed to work well.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X