1st time grower but small plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time grower but small plants?

Hey everyone! So it’s my first time growing and I’m doing an outdoor grow (I’m located in the Southeast US). Got 4 strains from Seedsman (White Widow, Blueberry, Blue Dream, Gelat.OG) all feminized seeds. Also started their germination of 1 of each and that was all a success.
    So I started out in late March in solo cups and first mistake was using FF Ocean as a starter soil so way too many nutrients but all plants survived fine. They stayed in the solo cups for about 4 weeks because they weren’t growing big enough to transplant into the 20gal grow bags I had for them. Went through a few days of incorrect pH watering and had some yellowing but quickly fixed that and the plants look lively again.
    As of right now they have been transplanted to the 20gal bags of FF and watering with 6.3pH with FF Grow Big nutes every other watering. My only concern is that they’re starting about week 6 and still very small compared to what I thought they would be. And even the Gelat.OG and Blue Dream are showing some strong pistils making me think they’ve started preflower even tho they started out with 12.5hrs of sun and now up to 13.4hrs of sun light with about 10hrs being direct sun. Wondering if I finish out the grow season by September/October will they still grow big (I was expecting 4-6ft tall trees). If I’m being impatient sorry but if they seem stunted beyond help should I just start again seeing as it’s only about to be the start or May.

Are these girls autos? Or photos? They are in flower, IF they are photos they can be reveged, takes 14+ days with lights running at least 16/8, I do 20/4. But even then as soon as they go back outside they will (in 14+ days) return to flowering. I did this last year, everything I tried to start early inside flowered as soon as it went outside, seed clone made no dif.

Comment

• Mrnobody3
      Mrnobody3 commented
      Editing a comment
      All are photo. Don’t have a indoor setup(was trying to save money and thought I wouldn’t need one) so that’s unfortunate. I think it may just be 2 that are like that, the others don’t have long white pistils that I can see. Should I scrap those 2 or all 4 and just start over since it’s longer days and warmer weather from when I first started?

Grow out the 2 and get some early bud and replant more seeds unless you are worried about plant count or space, .I have 2 OGK and 2 Afghan Kush that did same. Will harvest very small plants in late June or early July and then put Sativa in their place.

Comment

• Mrnobody3
      Mrnobody3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well guess that could work for some pre-examples of a hopefully finished product. I’ll transfer them next week to a 1-5gal and let them do their thing and just monitor them while I go ahead and start from scratch with another batch of seeds

It's a unfortunite lesson for outdoor growers even us old seasoned ones do it. Happened to me last summer not enough long days of sun, all flowered and then revegged but mine were 4 ft when it started took 2 months of work on them to look normal. Anyway I live in Oregon, no way am i putting out my clones or plants outdoors now or not until early june. And i just germinated 2 seeds yesterday for outdoor. If you can't keep them under at minimal 18hrs in a grow tent right now then slowly introduce outdoor when you get 14hrs of daylight they will go into flower.

Even small young plants will flower, can't stop the gene cycle unless you give artificial light to suppliment. I'm sorry but i'd work on a lighting & tent for the future so you can postpone that urge for them to flower. Best of luck Mrnobody3
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Mrnobody3
      Mrnobody3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely noted. Looks like I have some investments to start soon. Don’t really mind, all a learning lesson

Let 'em finish, plant more, did that last year myself, tried to get a head start and Mother Nature said NO! LOL So I dropped back and punted, made seed with them all.

Comment

SoOrbudgal and Rwise you always give such great advice! Found some good info on here

I definitely need to invest in a light for next year’s grow...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X