Led for growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led for growing

Hi, I'm having a hard time finding if complete darkness and blue light are the same thing? Should I put both blue and red in my plants light time or use blue for the dark time?

If you grow photoperiod plants you do not use any light when it's off. 12 on 12 off for flowering those strains. If you would like more help you'll need to post everything you got about your grow plus photos. And educate yourself about how to grow weed. It's called grow weed easy if your reading the educational turtorials. Good Luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Start here. https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics
      There's tons of great info on growing. Take the time and read up. Your harvest will thank you.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

This is an approximation of how sensitive plants usually are to different wavelengths of light. Notice that both the blue and red ranges of the spectrum are the most absorbed, and thus the most photosynthetically active, while the green range isn't absorbed as much (which is why most plants are green), but it still contributes to photosynthesis.
        Complete darkness is complete darkness. Any amount of light within this spectrum, even if it's completely outside our human perception (and thus subjectively "dark"), is absorbed and used in the process of photosynthesis.

Comment

Blue is generally used more during veg and red more in flower. The plant benefits from certain amounts of both though throughout all stages. Dark cycles need to be dark, meaning no light. What kind of light do you have?

Comment

Dark means dark. Blue light is a light. I have LEDs, I used blue for veg and both for flowering, they aren't the best, strongest lights.
            Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
            Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
            Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
            Various size fabric grow bags
            Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
            4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
            Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X