No announcement yet.

Can seeds have twins? I went from none to 2 overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't let the twin live anymore. Slowing the growth down isn't it?
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      They/it broke ground on 4/20. The others were transplanted after being started in the Aero-Garden so it's hard to compare. Those two popped on 4/11, transplanted to fabric pots on 4/17 with nice tap roots and side roots, more hydro start, they grew faster. This evening the smaller twin feels more loose in the soil. I think tomorrow morning I will get the scissors out.

I pulled the smaller twin out and put her in a small yogurt cup with moist soil mix this morning, the stem didn't want to pinch off. I have no expectations from her. Here's my OG Aero-Garden & my bookshelves. Click image for larger version

Name:	Books.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	962.6 KB
ID:	512746Click image for larger version

Name:	AeroGardenOG.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	512745Frank & Rosenthal 1979
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I would grow both of them for sure. Sometimes the runt turn out to be better than the “winners”. Wha the worst that could happen you get bud from two plants? Sounds like a win win to me.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wanted to. I think it was stunting them. The taller remaining plant seems to have grown more since this morning. Best that could happen is for the smaller one to root. I have more new pots and soil mix ingredients. Maybe I should put it in a coco starter in the A-G. The lemon plant - I barely touched a seed shell stuck on a leaf with a toothpick, it came out of the starter, looked like I clean-cut the bottom of the white root. I stuck it further down into the cc and tried to steady it. Moved it around the light to try to straighten the stem. It's growing the same as the NL auto now. I'll check again later and decide.

I think its good to save it, would be bad to kill the wrong one. Good luck with it, I just pulled some sprouts to thin them as to many popped (ground was cold and I replanted and replanted, then put a sheet of glass over them and the sprouting stated), just put them in the ground and all of them lived. Now I will try to find them (BB F4) a home!

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I put a small Pyrex bowl upside down over this pot and the next morning the twins emerged. Wish I lived by BB F4

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        If that worked you have a new PM

It had to be done and you did it well
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks SoOrbudgal They are all stretching a bit more today but tight nodes and near the training point, node-wise. I think the remaining twin - another NL - is happier today. Crumby photos, too tired this morning this do better.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X