• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    If that worked you have a new PM

• Puglover1
    replied
    Thanks SoOrbudgal They are all stretching a bit more today but tight nodes and near the training point, node-wise. I think the remaining twin - another NL - is happier today. Crumby photos, too tired this morning this do better.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    I put a small Pyrex bowl upside down over this pot and the next morning the twins emerged. Wish I lived by BB F4

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    It had to be done and you did it well

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I think its good to save it, would be bad to kill the wrong one. Good luck with it, I just pulled some sprouts to thin them as to many popped (ground was cold and I replanted and replanted, then put a sheet of glass over them and the sprouting stated), just put them in the ground and all of them lived. Now I will try to find them (BB F4) a home!

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    I wanted to. I think it was stunting them. The taller remaining plant seems to have grown more since this morning. Best that could happen is for the smaller one to root. I have more new pots and soil mix ingredients. Maybe I should put it in a coco starter in the A-G. The lemon plant - I barely touched a seed shell stuck on a leaf with a toothpick, it came out of the starter, looked like I clean-cut the bottom of the white root. I stuck it further down into the cc and tried to steady it. Moved it around the light to try to straighten the stem. It's growing the same as the NL auto now. I'll check again later and decide.

• Cali
    replied
    I would grow both of them for sure. Sometimes the runt turn out to be better than the “winners”. Wha the worst that could happen you get bud from two plants? Sounds like a win win to me.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    I pulled the smaller twin out and put her in a small yogurt cup with moist soil mix this morning, the stem didn't want to pinch off. I have no expectations from her. Here's my OG Aero-Garden & my bookshelves. Click image for larger version

Name:	Books.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	962.6 KB
ID:	512746Click image for larger version

Name:	AeroGardenOG.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	512745Frank & Rosenthal 1979

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    They/it broke ground on 4/20. The others were transplanted after being started in the Aero-Garden so it's hard to compare. Those two popped on 4/11, transplanted to fabric pots on 4/17 with nice tap roots and side roots, more hydro start, they grew faster. This evening the smaller twin feels more loose in the soil. I think tomorrow morning I will get the scissors out.

• HobbitGDF
    replied
    I wouldn't let the twin live anymore. Slowing the growth down isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    I have 2 KingLED 1200's in there, on 24/0 veg mode. Should I change to 18/6? The pots are 22+ inches from the lights.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    I know. And they're playing me SoOrbudgal The smaller one is growing in height at a faster rate than the other one. I dug the dirt to see the stems' bases for pics yesterday but each day a different one feels stronger. The taller one's first leaves have a white line in their middle, growing from the stem toward the tip. I put more perlite on top of all the pots a couple of days ago when it arrived, I wiped all the leaves of perlite dust best as I could but the white line on Tally's leaves isn't from that. Sure wish I'd used the Aero-Garden to start this one, the other 2 plants grew nice roots fast in there. And zero issues transplanting them. It really does save time, with good seeds. I'm about to clean it out to start marigolds, basil and whatever else I find. Maybe catnip seeds to keep him away from my dill. It's been beautiful here the past two days, supposed to change tmrw.

How are you doing? How's the river? I was looking at FB memories, two years ago today our new IL River bridge approach was closed due to flooding, the boat club set a record high water reading. Years ago my dad spent days helping hold down the fort, they even used his pontoon houseboat as a tug once to move the docks to safety.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    This twin thing i've never had one. But i sure would'nt hesitate to snip off one right at the soil line.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	May1TwinStems.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	512474 Twins & their stems. Some days one feels stronger, next day the other one does. One main tap root, both growing new leaves. The shorter one seems to be catching up a bit. I still don't know which one to cull. What if both were left to grow in this 3 gal pot, each trained toward a side? Or if I cull one and they both die could I start my sativa photo in there so I'm not just tending to two plants? Click image for larger version

Name:	May1AutoGroup.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	512475 The two on top were started in the Aero-Garden in cc starters using spring water and a bit of A-G's liquid nutes. Still give plain PH'd water with a cup? I'm not sure if their nodes are close because of light distance or just their genetics.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    replied
    M Click image for larger version

Name:	May1SLGrowth.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	512471Click image for larger version

Name:	May1SL.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	512472Lemon seedling was a save, same growth as NLClick image for larger version

Name:	May1SLStem.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	512470

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X