Work... Work... Work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work... Work... Work...

So this morning I chopped a few of the girls. Pictures will tell you that I'm getting a bit lazy with my trimming. Could it be my age ? A bumper crop this year? Or just plain lazy ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

It's the way alot of us older folks are feeling with lockdown. It sure showed in my last grow. I don't trim tightly i let them really little frosty suger leaf stay but i do trim them just not taken off. My yield from 4 photos last grow was mehhh, my fault and lamps fault. I would be so pleased with your harvest cause you saved the grow and they look fantastic to me
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah SoOrbudgal the lockdown doesn't help, Dump decisions by our leaders What else ? Oh yes closing the borders and not seeing my grandkids like I want too. Well at least we here have started our vaccination hey.. They may not be big but at least I have a lot of nugs from the Kali China and the Mazar Kush. A few more days for the Kali 47 and after I'm shutting down the grow room for summer.

Stay safe my western friend.

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Im guilty also, bad case of the blah's. Last grow of the season, and next year going to do much better.....

Guess you'd rather have been in Mexico
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I would rather of been if i had the friends and area of knowledge. This cold wet winters are for those who have lots of indoor projects/hobbies. I sure can see myself spending 60days in dryer climate being able to walk everywhere without 4 layers of clothes on. I don't have fat reserves, i was called " Olive Oil " all my life LOL but was strong as Popeye.

Well I would be lying to you @Canuck147 If I would say "nope" Hope so for next year but we will see. Depends how many of us will have our vaccine. Cold and snowing here lolll
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      snow and -5C this morning as well. I love Canadian spring. Don't you?

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't get me start lollll

Lack of friends during lockdown. The "Free Bud for Helpers" program usually makes harvest a party, plus everyone is allowed break time for scissor hash.
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      BaccaRacca things are getting alittle better relaxing being able to visit our friends who have been vaccinated, makes us feel better. We are going Saturday to a outdoor party doing a Shirmp Boil at my sister's with other friends.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm Jealous !!

Howdy Farmbuck, Are You complainin' or braggln'? (LOL!). I will be more than happy to come up to 'The Great White North' to help out an elderly friend, but, I must warn You, I'll be wearing my 'Captain Kangaroo' coat with the ginormus pockets on it to collect my fee! LOL!!!!
    Looks like a GREAT grow and harvest!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Lolllll Thanks DW2 for the laugh. By now you should know that me and the cold are not best friend hey ? This morning it snow a few inches and cold as hell !! Nope not hell, hell is hot. So how's the weather in your side of the world.

Cheers,

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy Farmbuck, so sorry to hear about the snow. Cold weather plays havoc with my old bones as well. Here we are having some colder weather than normal, lows in the mid forties (F°) and highs (no pun intended) into the low seventies. But, the forecast is for highs into the low nineties next week as we approach the stormy spring here in tornado ally!

Nice! The trimming looks good to me. Nice work, looks like a fabulous crop. Those buds looks great! Lots of 'em too!....Happy Trimming
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jeff !! I'm not sure if it's the pandemic or what ? But I'm getting lazy lately.

What is a “bumper crop”?

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Rik An old slang word (for us) for a "So and So" harvest, a medium grow.... Ahhhhhh what the heck "A poor harvest" lolllllll Don't worry It was a good crop for me.

The real meaning is a productive harvest.

In my youth and being french we used to say " A bumper crop" instead of " A bummer crop" "bumper", "bummer" you get it ? But when we had a bad one we still called it a "A bumper crop" lolll
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-22-2021, 02:25 PM.

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Farmbuck, that’s funny!

2hrs increments. That’s my limit anymore. After that my eyes bug out and I get real sloppy. Either that or I stop trimming and decide to turn the rest into butter

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I’m guessing your wife doesn’t get on GWE 😂

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      OH she does lolllll When she read my comments , she look at me like a mother who tell her teenage son "When are you gonna grow up !!" and then she reach for her Ipad and smile lolll

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha, I get that from mine too. Don't grow up, it's a trap!!!

LOL i'm doing dishes at the kitchen sink hubby says, " i need to wash my hands " here ya go finish them up

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

You guys tried these bowl trimmers? Not as inflated ridiculous prices as the "bag trimmer" which is just nylon with some wire inside for 600 bucks....

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Trimm...611aba464c9fa4

Think Imma get me one of them this year.

Sponsored video, but they look like they'd do okay. I'll take a half hour of work total instead of days of trimming for sure.

HOW TO USE THE VIVOSUN 19 INCH BUD LEAG BOWL TRIMMER (UPGRADED VERSION) SPONSORED BY VIVOSUN LINK: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NLXH9TT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3...
      Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        The wife got be one for Christmas and I didn’t like it but I’ve always dry trimmed and using it on dry buds just shredded it. @OldJarHead got me to try it with a wet trims and except for a few tops off each plant that I’ll hand trim, I don’t plan on hand trimming too much anymore. I’ll add a post below to show hand trim buds compared to the bud spinner

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        The bowl trimmer does indeed make more trim than hand trimming but the one I bought can trim an ounce of bud in under a minute. I don't mind that tradeoff because we like gummies and hash.

• Drekthar
        Drekthar commented
        Editing a comment
        Ive been using one of those for past 4-5 grows they work pretty good and make pretty short work of a pound.

I'm just happy to see these babies make to harvest! But trim jail sucks. I don't mind it for the first few hours but after a while my neck gets soar.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        PLreef FINALLY my friend buttttt I still have my Kali 47 in the grow room another 11 left to go lolll The damn grow is not yet over and yet I'm thinking for the next grow.

DAMN YOU MARY JANE !! your seduction got me again lolll

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        She gets me every time! Lol
        I have 2 more dark devils to go and I can FINALLY start me new grow. I'm going for 9 OG Kush this time around.

Farmbuck Laugh and be happy and the world will laugh with you haahaahaa . Someone once said this to me while i was having a bad day at work, wanted to punch them in their pie hole!! How come we get so caught up with need for weed?? Because we love what it allows us to create in our minds and think in ways that those who've never experienced this realm. Well they just fabricate false information. I dig everything about growing all the problems we get just makes me want to grow better, it kicks my butt with problems and makes me pay attention. Hobby growing is the " Boss of me " now i just have to stay more awake while at work !

Speaking of work........did you see that hospital employee in Italy ( national news ) never went to work for 15yrs and was getting paid? Is this true LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Happy harvest day Farmbuck! I’m about to start an 11 plant harvest tonight myself. Wish me luck lol

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you MagicMike66 I'm sending you theTrichome fairy to spray her magic dust on you lolll

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          lol thanks but after chopping one solo plant I checked on the sample buds I took 5 days ago... They’re now being smoked and I’m not doing any more trimming tonight 😂

Here’s some GSC buds still curing. The bud on the right was hand trimmed. The other two came off the spinner. A little more leaf but you you can hand trim it after spinning if you care to.

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice !!

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is yours the same as the vivosun one that’s in the link?

• bboyfromwayback
          Editing a comment
          I have the 19” ipower but they’re basically all the same. Side by side they look almost identical.

Wire brush just as bad. Have to wet trim then dry on a rack which is the only part I don’t like but man it’s easy. I just harvested 3 autos. 5oz between the 3. I kept 3 tops from each plant to dry and cure with the leaves still on and the rest I ran through the spinner. 30min I was done
          Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 04-23-2021, 10:58 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X