Bug on bud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug on bud

Hello my Friends. while taking a picture of the trichomes on my sweet girl, i saw a BUG! does anyone know what type of bug it is, and is there any chance of it causing bud rot. was hoping to let her grow for another week or so. sorry for crappy pics.
    Attached Files

They look like thrips. They will make your leaves look like there is dried spit on them. I've never known them to cause a bud rot. You should be fine. Be sure to inspect any other plants. If you have a veg tent check your veg tent. Neem oil will work. Do not spray your flowering plants. It will ruin your buds. Good luck and happy growing

Comment

thanks Larry, I will do a bud wash at harvest, so we don't smoke any bugs.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	aphid.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	509243
        Aphid maybe?

Comment

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, agree with crucialbunny, thats an aphid. Hows the actual plant look?

Could be. It's kind of hard to see with those pictures. Either bug is not good to have but I guess it's better than spider mites:-)

Comment

crucialbunny is right. They sure look like aphids.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

other then the bug, shes doing really good! playing the waiting game, looking for some amber.
            Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Ladybugs looking good eat up them ol buggers.

Hi johnb1963,
            Don't use Neem, just sayin.

50/50 alcohol & water sprayed with the lights out to avoid light burn.

I wouldn't wait too long before harvest either. Amber can take forever & Thrips can get really bad really quick!
            My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
            I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
            Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X