Whats wrong?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats wrong?!?

Pro mix hp grow with green planet 2 part. Not sure whats wrong.....70°-78° avg 20% humidity cant get it any higher. 100w bloom plus led 2×2grow with 4" exhaust fan.yellowing and brown spots . Purple streak stems...
    Attached Files

Heres pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dwm88 Two place to at least start...
      Have a read of the GWE Magnesium page, attached below.
      Here is the watering page: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-often-water-marijuana

Does your cannabis plant have yellowing lower leaves between the veins? See pictures of a magnesium deficiency and learn the easy solution.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

I find it is not usually one thing causing a problem and the same symptoms can usually be caused by many different problems. With that said, throwing a few things at you to check.

1 - The pots look a bit dry, which is probably why my fellow Canadian pointed you at reading related to watering.
        2 - It’s hard to tell in a photo but your pots look a bit small for the plant size. This isn’t to say you can’t grow in small pots (ie: SoG grows) but you have to be careful about watering and nutes
        3- PH could easily cause the problem - are you testing your water? Better still, are you calibrating the PH meter regularly (I learned that one the hard way). Getting the nutrients right but not pHing the water can mean the plants don’t have access to the nutrients.
        4 - What nutes are you giving them? I suspect you may be giving too little or too infrequently but some symptoms mask different problems
        5 - I use HPS lights so I can’t comment on the LEDs but maybe someone else can.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Based on what I'm seeing in your pics my kneejerk reaction would be to say there's a PH issue going on in your soil. Something is irritating your plants.

Comment

I use liquid ph testing and ph between 6.3 and 6.6 usually. Using green planet 2 part nutrients. And recently started usingnsome cal mag. I have been hesitant on uping my nutes for a bit and feel i might have waited too long. I was keeping them in the small pots jn hopes to let the other two smaller plants catch up .

Comment

You could get an EC meter that reads the PPM of nutes in the water which would be helpful to tell how much you are giving them. If I had to guess I think you need to get a digital pH meter and start targeting a little lower number. I think the HP Pro is peat based so you would treat it much like coco which is 5.5-6.5 pH range. Also make sure you give them cal mag with every feed and try to determine if you are giving them enough nutes. Given how pale green they are you are probably not giving them enough nitrogen at least but a pH problem may prevent them from using the nitrogen you give them. Somewhere on GWE is a chart that shows what pH is required for plants to be able to take up each type of nutrient.

Comment

I use this soil going on 3 years only soil i ever used and you will need Calmag/Calimagic the entire grow had the same issues on my first grow with this soil ever since i started using calimagic never had a issue as DeadlyFruit said it is similar to Coco and just like coco coir you will need to use a calmag supplement now i agree the pots are small i would suggest switching to Smart Pots in the future if you can that way you don't got to worry about your plants getting root bound.

I Also use liquid ph testing with no issues so you don't necessarily need a Digital Ph meter with soil in my opinion

A Ppm meter is good to have not just for knowing how much you give your plants but you will also save money on Nutes learned that the hard way i was wasting so much without one I basically use half the amount i was using.

Also that 20% humidity is pretty bad you should get a humidifier and put it inside your tent maybe that will help keep the humidity up a little bit I did not have issues growing near 34% Humidity but 20% is another level of dryness

Comment

• Dwm88
                  Dwm88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a humidifier in the room it just creates a calcium film on the tent when i have it too high from the water i use. I was hoping by keeping them in the small pot a little bit longer the smaller plants might have a chance to catch up. I upped the nutrients and the cal mag and the seem to be perking up a bit. I will be putting them all in 1 or 3 gallon pots soon. I will try a lower ph as well on the next feeding. Im currently on a feed, water , feed , water schedule. Feeding or watering around every 3 or 4 days or so depending how dry they are

Whats the PH of the run off?
                What is the PH of the soil?
                Do something to get the RH up, in veg to about 70%.

Comment

I went from 2ml/gallon to 4ml/gallon with my nutrients and cal-mag. What do you guys think? Im still on a feed , water , feed, water schedule.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I don’t use that brand of nutrients so I can’t comment for certain but if it is like the flora trio the 4ml/gal is about half the manufacturer recommended strength . If it is half strength that might be enough but it could take more, especially if you are giving plain water on alternate waterings and because I think they went without enough earlier. The leaves look a bit better but still really faded colour - not sure if they will bounce back or just show better on new growth.

One other thing I just thought of - I sometimes grow with the HP mix and one time I forgot to soak some new stuff with cal mag water and the plants were completely stunted for a while. They never recovered fully although they bounced back some. I suggest you overdo the cal mag for a while and if you don’t do it already, make sure to thoroughly soak any new peat or coco based mediums with the cal mag water before you transplant into it.

Comment

Its a 2 part nutrient system . I was just under the recommended amount. So youre saying i should add calmag on watering days too?

Comment

• Catfish22
                        Catfish22 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I grow in coco so I use calmag everytime. Use 4ml/gal for
                        regular feeding and 2 ml/gal for fresh water just make sure to check pH on fresh water also.
                        PS You can give too much calmag and it will cause all types of strange nutrient
                        lockouts.

• DeadlyFruit
                        DeadlyFruit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, I give cal mag whenever I give water, although at a reasonable usage level - I think I give just a touch more than catfish but not a huge amount more. Not sure how much would trigger lockout problems - I’ve heard people say you can’t give too much cal mag but I would be tempted to agree with catfish that there is a point where it will cause problems (lockout from buildup vs lockout from pH problems). With that said I think it is still necessary to buffer/wash your new coco/peat. New coco is generally high in sodium and potassium which will lockout calcium and magnesium. Buffering it helps with that.

Ok so i should add calmag to my water days and check my runoff ppm?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X