No announcement yet.

Challenged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another week goes by and we are a bit on the wet side with rain every day for the last 10 days, and the next 10. I am still covering them for the heavy rains/storms but they will soon outgrow that.
    I still see some yellowing of the pelite which makes me think the soil will go acidic. The green is from being constantly wet.

Comment

Here we go, 3 weeks old (and 2 weeks 1 day) flowers should be starting soon! I am no longer covering them for storms (they got to tall for the cover)
      I think at this point my soil is holding up well beside the store bought stuff, even though the plant in my soil is 6 days behind, cant wait to see flowers!
      Sunshine, which we have had little of, 2 days last month, 14 days mostly cloudy, and 15 days rainy, come on sunshine!

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        Let the games begin!! This is cool, I wish you luck in this battle. I hope both plants do well really. I see the bugs got to them already. Good luck to both girls!!

And here we be at 4 weeks (and 3 weeks 1 day left) old. Both are now starting flowering.
      Any thoughts at this point?

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        They are a little different...hard to say what one will be best producer...yet. Both looking good!

JeffInCanada I agree to early to tell just what they will do.
      The girl in my soil has really jumped up well above the other, the next month is going to be interesting! During this HOT weather I am giving them 1/2 gallon water each.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
        JeffInCanada commented
        Editing a comment
        The Vegas odds just swung in your favor Fun to watch!

The size dif is getting greater between them, on the right is 6 days younger.
      Fun and hard to NOT feed either of them anydamnthing, 'cept water! I have to wonder how stable the genetics are with this strain.

Comment

By the calendar the shorter girls is ready today @ 56 days, and the taller will be due in 6 more days. I did not get pic Thursday as i rained all day long, now I am fighting WPM. The taller younger plant has 4 more limbs than the shorter girl, I suppose I'll be putting these on a scale.
        All in all I have to say this commercial soil worked well, all I have done is water, ok I did give both some black strap but thats all other than rain (or spring) water.
        I trimmed them as WPM was setting in, 1 bud tip on each plant was removed. Also got out the weed eater and shortened the weeds around them.

Comment

The shorter older girl just gave up 14.2 Oz. Not bad for nothing but water! Now for the other one to finish.

Comment

Pic of the younger one, whats it going to look like in a few more days?

Comment

Not there yet!
              We both think the big dif 'tween them is genetics, which would explain the extra height and tine to finish, we also agree that we should let it finish. For the rain I have moved it to the front porch, man its warm wet and humid as hell!

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I just opened my garage door to try to get ahead of the heat/humidity. You got a nice yield from the first plant.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes I think it did well, and no nutes just what was in the soil.
                more pics after while (I missed it when I took the last pics) And it will likely come down soon as it is about to stop putting on new flowers.

So close, no new growth, bud worms invading, I pull out the zoom and look at the trics, if milky shes done!

Comment

Do you get to keep all the weed?
                Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                Various size fabric grow bags
                Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll split it with the person that provided the co soil so he can see the finished dif.

I moved her inside in the cool last night, today is chop day.

Comment

14.8 oz wet on number 2, now to get it dry and cured so we can finish this test. Both were wet when weighed in, 14.2 on the first one, so no huge dif there.
                  Last edited by Rwise; 07-25-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• soonboomer
                    soonboomer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What are you figuring to get based on dry weight? 5-6 oz? I was pretty disappointed on the yield from my autos. Got a touch over 5 oz, but that came from 5 plants. Buds never really tightened up like I would have liked. Smells great though.....in day 7 of curing.

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is a formula for figuring it, IIRC they loose about 2/3 of the weight, so somewhere 5-6 oz range per plant. My Wet Teddy Bears (autos) will produce more than that, but not as fast.
                    Everything must be kept good for autos, anything goes wrong it costs production.

I pulled the root balls up, what I found was a bit of a surprise, both looked healthy. The Co soil had only a center ball of roots, where my soil was completely filled with roots. From this grow both need work.
                  The first plant made 3 quarts, the second made 6, the second at this point smells better (to jar yesterday), now to wait for cure then start a smoke signal.

Comment

Talked to the dude that gave me the bag of soil, he did the same pull and inspect the roots and found the same issue. Only a ball in the center, grow was ok, but could have been better if the roots had filled out the pot.
                    Once the bud has cured in, the final tests will begin.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X