Challenged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenged!

A neighbor was down and issued me a little challenge, "I'll supply the soil for one, you supply 2 matching seed and soil for the other, only adding water and see which does better"!
    "Grow inside or outside, both the same". He left me with a 1.5 CF bag of "Earth Keeper complete", just add water (better put a seed in there too, LOL).
    Monday I'll go into town and get 2 15 gallon fabric pots to do this with. But for seed, I think I'll not cheap out and get some feminized auto seed, as short a time as I can get, maybe sour 60 or similar. Even a CBD strain would be fine, short is the best for not adding anything but water.
    Now where I usually buy, they are sold out, any recommendations for a short 56 day (is there a shorter time?) from sprout to harvest seed? (prefer to stay inside the USA)
    Sounds like a fun challenge! Would you do it?

Everytime I’ve grown Glueberry OG it’s done within 56days after first signs of flower. It easy to train low and wide, big chunky nugs.

Comment

That sounds like a really fun challange
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Pineapple Express #2 is a photo that advertises 45-50 days of flowering. That was the shortest non-auto I’ve seen. I’m about to use it outdoors this summer with the hopes that I won’t be chewing my nails in mid-October hoping it finishes before cold or mold get to it.

Comment

I cant find them yet but Reeferman has a 45 day auto, now thats fast, may be regs only IDK.

Comment

So many autos to choose from, I think I'll go with Greybeard seeds and Pyramid Tutankhamon Auto Feminised, 49 – 56 days.

Comment

Seeds ordered, pots here, but I think they are miss marked, they say 15 gallon, but the look as big as my 20 gallon pots, I'll soon see how full one gets from the (15G) bag of soil.
              We have a cold front driving in, 75*F yesterday, snow tomorrow, wont stick or last. I have a few covers to put on, once this passes I'll get my soil in the pot, and the seeds should be here by the end of the week. Then I'll get this challenge running! In 2 months we will have an answer to which is better my home made shit, or the store bought bag. All y'all wish me luck on this one! LOL

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                bboyfromwayback commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve never been to a dispensary but always wonder how my stuff matched up. My sister-in-law was talking about how good this weed called Bruce Banner was in Vegas so I said my ‘buddy’ just got some Bruce Banner so I wanted to see what she thought incase we’re getting ripped off by our pot dealer. She said my Bruce Banner blew the dispensary stuff away. Made me smile

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I am happy with the BB3, and the BB F4 is no bad either.

We've had such tempting outdoor weather great for planting veggie cold crops but not outdoor weed to harden off, way to early for me i'm gun shy from last year. My clones are doing wonderful need to transplant somme GG#4 into 1gal. keep them under the 20on 4off then i will bring those times more into line of outdoor rise and set. Looks like peanut butter breath and gg#4 for photos might throw in a photo seed of another strain that's in the cabinet getting dusty and plan on lots of auto grows on da roof
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I have been outside this morning covering everything as it's snowing! It melts as fast as it touches anything, this should be our last one here in OK, #@$%^*&!

Seeds got here yesterday, 3+1 and a free pack (of 1 seed) Orange Sherbet. Soil is mixed and 1 seed in each pot, a bit of rain water and rain last night, we should be popping soon. I hope my soil holds up to the test here!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                So are you going to grow both yourself or is neighbor going to tend to one? It's just the different soils that your challange is based on? I can't wait to see how big these will get in a 15gal. LOL Knowing how you can grow they'll get as big as photos LOL.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I dont think they'll get that big in 49-56 days! Ya both are here, side by side, under glass to keep the rain off.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal the only thing I am to add is water to each, yes test the soil, is this bag worth its cost!

I have both here, my soil was the first to bust the ground, but got bite off yesterday as the other broke the ground. So, I put another seed in my soil, so far 100% germination! I had hoped that both would make it, oh well, it would have been nice to harvest the same day.

Comment

And we're off and growing, 6 day tween them but, 100% germination from the 3 seeds, the 1 left will go to my brother.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will be watching this with glee

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SoOrbudgal I see a bad sign with the commercial soil already, the yellowing perlite to me says acid building, which has been a problem for me before.

More pics coming, the little girl in my soil has bigger fatter first leaves, does that mean anything? LOL

Comment

For sure I'll will follow your little challenge.
                  Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                  Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                  Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                  Full auto grow
                  Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                  12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I think this will tell me a lot about my soil, and where I may take it in the next grows (I kept the empty bag just in case I want to study what they claim is in it). With the very short cycle (49-56 days) of these autos, I hope both soils hold up to the grow only adding water. At this point I have not PH'd either soil, living soils we should not need to PH. Its about to get interesting!

Comment

Pics from today, much rain the last week, and the next week,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X