Just Want a Second Opinion on Nitrogen Deficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Just Want a Second Opinion on Nitrogen Deficiency

Pretty sure this is nitrogen deficiency and the plant is screaming feed me but I have limited experience with plants this young everything’s been good temp light etc the plant is 12 days old never been fed except with big bloom once at the start it’s grown vigorously over the last 3-4 days which is why I’m thinking nitrogen deficiency along with symptoms matching the soil is a basic worm castings peat moss vermiculite mix from a local garden center what has me slightly skeptical is you’d think there would be more than 12 days of nitrogen in a soil with worm castings and it seems to be the only plant showing symptoms but it’s also the biggest so hence the desire for opinions
    Attached Files

That’s not nitrogen def. that’s potassium deficiency. Those burns can also occur due to potassium and phosphorous excess. But I don’t think that’s the case with a not so hot soil.
    Try starting with some big grow at low dose and keep the big bloom consistent thru the entire grow.

Comment

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      And this is why I like opinions thanks I decided to mix in a pinch of Langbeinite with a liter of water see if there’s improvement I’d use grow big but these plants are destined for outdoors and I havent decided yet whether I’m going to try organic growing this time or not

Burnt tips like that are more often than not a sign of excess nutrition. The deep green color of the leaves means it's getting more than enough nitrogen. Plants that young need very little in the way of nutrients. It's been my experience that if you start with a good balanced soil, feeding isn't necessary for at least a couple months. When we first start growing it's easy to think that plants are in distress from a lack of something when in truth it's just the opposite.

Comment

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely right @9fingerleafs.Worm castings alone make a thick viscous mud that becomes like adobe as it dries. My homemade soils contain only about 15% castings. I have 2 different worm bins going. The first one I use primarily high nitrogen food scraps that I use in my container soil makeup and the second bin is for high phosphorous and potassium scraps that I use as top dressing and teas during flower and bud. Like you said, castings are key to keeping a living soil working by feeding the bacteria that helps break down nutrients for plants to absorb.

• TheKieftan
      TheKieftan commented
      Editing a comment
      crucialbunny what foods do you call high phosphorus I had a similar idea when I started worm farming but when I searched high phosphorus foods the only thing that came up was a lot of different fish and nuts which don’t seem good for a bin

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      Tofu, pumpkin, whole grain breads, beans, lentils, and I will put in shrimp shells when I have them. I will not use any meats but I sometimes add a handful of commercial dried cat food when my finicky cat tires of a particular brand.

Is Big Bloom a flowering additive? Or Veg additive?
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the “micro” of the fox farms trio. Containing calcium and other trace minerals. It’s the only alkaline of the three

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. It sounds like a flowering nute.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s needed the entire grow. Need at least two bottles for every one grow and one bloom

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X