Drying wows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying wows

I cut my two Amnesia Haze girls down 6 days ago. I ran several strings across the top of my tent and used binder clips to hang each branch individually. Being short on time I didn't have time to trim many of the fan leaves. It barely fit in the top of the tent. If I ever grow more than two plants I will plan on a second layer of bud on the bottom of the tent.

I was shooting for a 10-14 day dry at 65° and 60% RH. The heater was set to 65° F and the exhaust fan comes on if the RH goes over 60%. I removed my humidifier to clean it before I harvested, but have been busy at work and haven't put it back until tonight.

The bud kept the tent at 60% RH for the first 3-4 days, then it dropped to 40% the last 2 days or so. I checked on it for the first time tonight and was shocked to find the bud 'crunchy'. So I got the humidifier back in the tent and set it to 60%.

Did I over dry my bud? I'm hoping that letting it hang for a few more days with the humidifier will help it be less crunchy and not over dry it? What do you think? Is there anything else I should be doing right now instead?

I won't have a day off for a full 7 more days and will probably get stuck working that day too. So, I guess I'll have to start trimming and jarring over the course of a few evenings. But when do I start?

Stick it in jars for 6 hours or so. Then voila - crunchy is gone.

Gotta cut it up sometimes.
    Last edited by Canuck147; 04-14-2021, 09:19 PM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Usually if you can get the humidity back to 60 or so, internal moisture will migrate back to the outer parts of the buds naturally. Another option would be to lay your branches together in a box with a loosely fitted lid and turn them a couple times a day. The majority of my last season's harvest was done that way because we were having ridiculous temp and humidity fluctuations.

Comment

I was so burned out, injured, and over it after my 1st grow. I ended up putting some dried colas cut end down in a bucket with enough water to keep them from drying out more. My room's overhead light burned out, I put a headlamp on my forehead, sat on the bed and finished them off. They actually had the best 'feel' of them all, after being jarred and cured.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X