Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are these leaves sick? Please help save my first scrogg grow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are these leaves sick? Please help save my first scrogg grow.

Nirvana strains Papaya & Master Kush, both photos and both feminized. 2'x4'x6' tent, soil grow 2/3 ffof, 1/3 perlite, 3 gal. fabric pots, temp 76-82 f, rh/50% Grow Light Science 300 light (300 watt quantum board led) hung 25" above canopy, 4" inline fan & filter, 6" oscillating fan. NUTES: I started them on Advanced Nutrients since flowering, Sensibloom A&B 30% full strength. (250ppm or so)I use ro water and treat it with 4ml/gal calmag before nutrients added. I gave them a worm tea feed a couple weeks ago. This yellowing and spots just started yesterday or so. I only noticed 5 or 6 tiny nats on the sticky tape. Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks, Ellis.

The overall health of your plants looks good. I think you can attribute the yellowing leaves to natural attrition. Plants change gears when they flower and develop new nutritional needs. It's time to stop nitrogen feeding (worm tea) and look to the P&K nutrients. If you like tea feedings you might think about banana or avocado tea. I use both and add a little azomite, kelp meal, blackstrap molasses, and Epsom to my flower and bud feedings. 1/2 a cup of tea to a gallon of water every other feeding works well for me. If you're using the worm castings for the beneficial bacteria, consider using it as a top dressing worked into the top of the soil instead of infusion. Overall I think your grow looks great and I wouldn't worry much about a few yellowing older leaves. Nice work.

Comment

It is very kind of you to say my grow looks great. I do use the molasses, unsulphered, I forgot to mention. I will have to try the avocado and banana tea and the kelp azomite at some point. Everything you say makes sense and I do hope you are right about not worrying, thank you.

Comment

What do you do to control PH?

Comment

• Ellisk
          Ellisk commented
          Editing a comment
          I use sensinloom ph perfeci, which gives me a 5.86 ph and then baking soda to raise ph to around 6.3-6.5 since I grow in soil. I have ph down but never need it.

The leaf sticking out on the last pic looks very much like this one, eh? https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...ium-deficiency
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Ellisk
          Ellisk commented
          Editing a comment
          Good eye, I didn't see that before you mentioned it. That looks like nute burn to me but it's hard to tell, but you could be right.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X