Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Also what about a Cayenne pepper spray? Ever try that?

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Try the banana and orange peels! Cover the chopped banana peel and chop the orange peel and spread it over the surface around the plants. Cant hurt anything, the banana is acidic though.

• desertdan
    commented on 's reply
    I have all the natural predators but there are just too many R.A. I have to take the sticky traps down after about 10 am because after that I catch more predators than R.A.

• Larry1
    replied
    My early morning reading and didn't realize you were outside. Dealing with Mother Nature. Being outside it's almost Unstoppable. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    How about some predators to combat them, add them to the area and let Ma Nature do her thing.
    Edit
    {quote]Natural Pest Repellent

Cut up banana peels to bury 1 to 2 inches deep in the soil around plants that are prone to aphid infestations to repel and remove aphids from the area. ... Orange peels are highly fragrant, giving off a repellent scent to keep ants and aphids away from the garden.[/quote]
    Place a square of aluminum foil around the base of plants affected by aphids.
    What kind of bugs eat aphids?

Ladybeetles, Ladybugs, or Ladybird Beetles

Ladybeetles are probably the most well-known of beetles that eat aphids. There are many species, and both the adults and larvae eat aphids.

/Edit
    Last edited by Rwise; 04-10-2021, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Larry1
    replied
    I had a real bad problem with those little boogers. I used fly tape. Those kind you pull out of the little tubes. Instead of hanging the fly tape from the top of the tent down. I hung mine up between the lights and the canopy of the plants. Side to side . And that way the tape doesn't swing around as much . if there were any flying around they would get stuck. I also shut up pieces of cardboard box and duct tape and duct taped fly tape to the cardboard pieces and laid them in the flower pot. Make sure to try to keep your soil dry as possible. They don't like dry soil. I've also heard of using mosquito bits but I don't feel like I had much luck with them. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• desertdan
    started a topic And the battle begins

And the battle begins

This is after only 1 hour after sunrise. All small black dots are root aphid flyers. An hour later and twice as many. First step, drench soil and spay seedling with PFR-97. New sticky traps everyday. Inspect for crawlers 3 times a day. Next step Biowar literally and with product same name. Wish me luck please.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X