Old Weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Weed

I just smoked the weed you see pictured. It is from a hermied Blackjack seed from Nirvana that was jarred 7-25-2019. It still knocks you silly. This is the last of it.

I don't know if i ever had weed that long LOL. What a lovely leaf also
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      On top of that SoOrbudgal, the seed was 4 years old.

Nothing wrong with old weed... Like a good old bottle of wine. if it's age well chance it will be good.
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 04-08-2021, 05:15 PM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh i'm sure it is great we just go through it too fast. I'm rolling big fatties again and so happy

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Hihi don't waste it you hear.!

I've been working off a jar of bud that's 2 years old. The bud is a little on the harsh side but still knocks me on my ass.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

kingfish your old bud looks way nicer than my old bud. Yours still has some green. Mine has mostly faded, but it still does the trick

I have at least an ounce or more left from every grow I’ve ever done (ok probably not as impressive as it sounds... from about 7 or 8 grows). I can’t use it fast enough! I’ve taken to tossing some in when I am processing the trim for edibles.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks bboy, I hadn’t heard that one. Burp the one you are using first and seal the others tight. When you open the un-burped ones they still have colour but do you notice any difference with the cure? No rougher? In any case I’ll give it a try (I am about 5 weeks out from the next harvest)

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        The ones that go unopened for months are better. More flavor and smoother.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, I wouldn’t have thought to try it but it does make a certain amount of sense. I am guessing it is a more anaerobic cure that will work well if given more time. Definitely worth trying. Cheers.

I currently have 20-25 strains on hand. Grow way more than I could ever smoke, plus a buddy and I trade with each grow. Taking a short summer break after the current grow to reduce stock. Oldest is from 2019.

Comment

I got some Blueberry from 2019, Potency is still there. After a few hits wife goes to sleep yep still potent. Thank you Blueberry for a few hours of tranquility with myself

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL Farmbuck tis why i'm up sooo much earlier.

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Hihihi why I grow Indica for her SoOrbudgal a few hits and she's gone for the night lollll. How is your P2500 ?

Originally posted by RG420 View Post
        I currently have 20-25 strains on hand. Grow way more than I could ever smoke, plus a buddy and I trade with each grow. Taking a short summer break after the current grow to reduce stock. Oldest is from 2019.
        holy smokes, now that is variety!

Comment

Farmbuck so far so good i moved the plants up closer ( i don't do the yo yo ) to the light. Had them at 25" look fine so raised them up with more blocks of wood. and risers. I will try in a couple days to bring them up to at least 20" then feed some bloom.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            See what work best for you. I got mines at 22".

I didn't grow it but it's 2 years old today. Stronger, frostier sativa than what I see at dispensaries lately. I had to use it last month, worked great. Click image for larger version

Name:	OldWeed.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	505920
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hiya Puglover1 Is this the strain your looking for in seed form?

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I have the Wild Thai seeds but it'll be a long photo sativa grow. The above is old Lime Skunk. I'm trying to start some autos for inventory in-between. See my recent post.

I can't wait to have some "old bud". I smoke it too fast to end up with an overabundance that I can set aside to age. I can't wait to try the GroveBags for it. Has anyone got to use theirs for long term storage yet? Last time I tried to save some weed it didn't turn out that great. It could be because it was from one of my first grows, or it could be my storage method. Either way it was pretty terrible, had a decent high but that's all really. Maybe it's also partially because I've become a weed snob since my quality has improved tremendously. But hey, aren't we allowed to be a bit snobby when we grow our own dispensary quality (or better) weed?

Comment

Its looks very lovely. Nothing wrong with old weed. It’s like a good old bottle of wine. And it's very useful for alternative treatment.

Comment

My theory it's CBN pot. There's not a lot of scientific study on the "degradation" of THC to CBN. The word "degradation" is in quotes because some people call this change "degradation" but CBN is a valuable cannabinoid, not fully understood. Keep your stored cannabis in a cool dark place, the fridge is something to consider.

Here's the abstract from the link I cite below

CBN and D9-THC concentration ratio as an indicator of the age of stored marijuana samples

"The concentration of D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabinol (CBN) in cannabis plant material (marijuana) of different varieties stored at room temperature (20-22o Celsius (C)) over a four-year period was determined. The percentage loss of THC was proportional to the storage time. On average, the concentration of THC in the plant material decreased by 16.6% ±7.4 of its original value after one year and 26.8% ±7.3, 34.5% ±7.6 and 41.4% ±6.5 after two, three and four years, respectively. A relationship between the concentration ratio of CBN to THC and the storage time was developed and could serve as a guide in determining the approximate age of a given marijuana sample stored at room temperature."

The concentration of D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabinol (CBN) in cannabis plant material (marijuana) of different varieties stored at room temperature (20-22o Celsius (C)) over a four-year period was determined. The percentage loss of THC was proportional to the storage time.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
                PeterMatanzas commented
                Editing a comment
                I was looking this up earlier this week because I made what I think is CBN tincture. In a gallon mason jar here is 2 year old cannabis, it is a home created F2 strain of Forte Noir (by Dankonomics). I had a pack of Forte Noir, a male came up along with a female and they mated. Seeds are F2 in horticultural talk. The smoke is extremely potent and I wanted edible. The F2 was soaked in 200 proof food grade ethanol, the alcohol was distilled off, the oil remains and it is the best tincture I have ever had. It's a different kind of high, it must be a CBN high. CBN is psychoactive, just not the potency of THC. Old pot is the best pot.

• PeterMatanzas
                PeterMatanzas commented
                Editing a comment
                From Lance Griffin:
                “Δ-9-THC itself readily oxidizes to cannabinol (CBN) with oxygen and light during the decarboxylation process.” A different study published in 2005 found that this oxidation occurred above 150° C (302° F) given a 15-minute decarboxylation period. The typical decarb process employs lower temperatures and longer times to avoid this conversion and preserve Δ-9-THC; amping up the temperature may thus prove useful for CBN seekers. However, using a vacuum oven mitigates this conversion.
                Often considered mere evidence of old cannabis, CBN may soon become a minor cannabinoid of prominence. Potency (in terms of intoxication due to agonist activity at cannabinoid receptors) has been estimated from 10 to 25% compared to THC. Among its various potential therapeutic properties, CBN is most popularly associated with sedative effects. Converting THC and other cannabinoids to CBN may offer a way for product creators to diversify and meet newfound demand.

Am I the only one who thought there was nothing wrong with the old weed? I didn’t even know that it could lose properties over the years. I used to think a plant is a plant; if you store it properly, it will maintain the same properties.
              I would also recommend you to Buy CBN Isolate and check it out. As far as I know, it’s made from old weed and mainly intended for pain relief, but if you take a little more, you will get special feelings. It is 4 less strong than THC, making it a more slowly-playing substance, but it still can knock you out for a little.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X