Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty cool stuff. I tried to get dry ice for hash but couldn’t find any. I’ll have to look again to do a better job of winterizing extracts. I use the freezer for making my wash but that of course only chills to a certain point on its own.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I like mine also, but there is room for improvement on it. Kinda pricey for what it is/does, just pull a vacuum and chill the top, catch the alcohol for reuse. BTW the alcohol does were out, ok it takes on water as you use it making it less effective. You also loose some to the mater let behind. Oh ya, I use 190 EC.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Really cool (literally). Thanks for the process details PeterMatanzas

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    Have to add: when you pour the alcohol over the flower, agitate - Then return this solution to sit on dry ice. Keep it cold AF and there will be very very little chlorophyll in your oil. The oil will be golden not green. There won’t be a swampy taste of chlorophyll. This is just science, super cooled alcohol loses its affinity for dissolving chlorophyll but the alcohol will dissolve the oil you want

• PeterMatanzas
    commented on 's reply
    DeadlyFruit here's the process. I break up the flowers by hand into small pieces. The flower and alcohol, in separate mason jars, is cooled to -40 degrees with dry ice. After 3 hours of sitting on the dry ice, the alcohol is poured over the flower, gently agitated. And let to sit for 20 minutes. Occasional gentle agitation. Then the alcohol+flower solution is filtered, it's filtered several times, twice with 20um filters through a buckner funnel, and at least once thru a 3um filter. Then the alcohol is burned off this wash (but the alcohol is almost fully recovered with this device). The alcohol is food grade 200 proof ethanol I bought from a lab.

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    PeterMatanzas That looks very similar to the stuff I produce from my countertop distiller meant for water (using the term ‘meant for’ loosely given the instructions talk about distilling alcohol 🙂). I think mine is a little bit more tar-like but very similar. I think I posted on another thread that I want to try it with a higher proof alcohol to see if I can get it more oily and less tar-like, but I suppose I could just add a little MCT or alcohol back into it until it can be dispensed from a dropper.

What proof alcohol did you use to make it and and how do you use the stuff? Smear a bit on your papers or on an e-nail? If I think of it I’ll take a pic to post so you can see the texture.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Oh Man...I had to Google Source Turbo. Wow! I'm going to have to get a second job. So much cool stuff out there. I didn't know that there was such a unit like this. Very cool and interesting. Not sure if I will get one but thanks for pointing this out. Will definitely thoroughly check them out.

• PeterMatanzas
    replied
    This is the cannabis extract I made with the Source Turbo, which is on 420 sale. I recommend it highly and I'm not getting a commission altho I should.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	871.9 KB
ID:	507857

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    The Vault, win free stuff, good luck, I know nothing!
    What a crazy time we've had in the past year folks. Covid and Brexit came together like a bull in the proverbial China Shop and turned our World's upside down and inside out

Leave a comment:

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    I tried an early version of the Valcano with the bag JeffInCanada at a medical coop and a single hit of whatever was in it caused me to sit in my car for 2 hours because I couldn’t drive. That was my first weed in 30 years and not what I remembered. Now that I’ve researched the weed of today and found the strains I like I would love to try this new model with the convection oven and line to mouthpiece feature for single hits. It also does the bag for group hits.
    I bought my firefly specifically for its convection oven feature so this model caught my eye. Yes $700 yikes.
    The Volcano Hybrid vaporizer features a whip-style delivery for your vapor, as well as a faster heat-up time, improved airflow management, and a newly designed app to allow further exploration of your materials.

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    These are the bomb man. The OG of vaporizers in my opinion. I do not have one They are pricey. I've tried one a few times. Top notch vapor. The bag filling thing is cool.

• MrPNW
    replied
    Vapor.com 20% off everything.

Click image for larger version  Name:	33EFA52B-7C4B-4DB3-943B-0F4454889F15.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	155.2 KB ID:	507688

Dang this is cool! I’m willing to be a product tester.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A76A50DF-1798-4ACB-BB21-0DE123305655.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	76.1 KB ID:	507690
    Last edited by MrPNW; 04-15-2021, 08:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrPNW
    replied
    Leafly posted this button to find deals in the area you live.

Leave a comment:

• MrPNW
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	991B266E-57C0-4D82-B0F3-32A452236EFB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	507665

https://growace.com/grow-light/grower-s-choice.html
    https://growace.com/deals/

Leave a comment:

• PeterMatanzas
    replied
    SoOrbudgal I don't want to spend $80 and I don't want 10 seeds. That's the thing about so many of these USA breeders - they sell packs with 10 or more seeds and charge $80 or more. I don't want 10 seeds, two is enough and they will be cloned.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X